Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
21 March 2020
8.44pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18214
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3741sp_Permalink sp_Print

Didn’t wanna be a star, wanted just to play guitar…

Funnily enough, I used George as an example in a similar conversation recently.

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Turn Left At Greenland, Timothy, lovelyritametermaid

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

22 March 2020
9.54am
lovelyritametermaid
You can meet me after heavy rain has fallen
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1445
3742sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you’re playing as Sheik in Super Smash Bros. and all you can hear in your head as you play is George singing “Sheik of Araby” and the occasional “not ‘alf” interjections from Paul and John 

The following people thank lovelyritametermaid for this post:

Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl

"....When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind...." 

"....This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around...."

||She/They ||

22 March 2020
10.49am
jamessick
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 381

whenever you say their names you do it with your best Liverpudlian accent.

when you win a restaurant/bar’s trivia contest night for your team by answering the question “Who was Paul McCartney ‘s girlfriend when he was in the Beatles?” (true story).

when you know the placement (side and track) on the vinyl album for any particular Beatles song.

when as a summer camp for kids staff member, instead of playing bugle calls for waking them up and for lights out over the loudspeaker system, you play Good Day Sunshine , and Ringo’s Good Night song from the White Album .

The following people thank jamessick for this post:

Beatlebug, meanmistermustard, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, KyleKartan
22 March 2020
7.07pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25091

jamessick said
whenever you say their names you do it with your best Liverpudlian accent.

when you win a restaurant/bar’s trivia contest night for your team by answering the question “Who was Paul McCartney ‘s girlfriend when he was in the Beatles?” (true story).

when you know the placement (side and track) on the vinyl album for any particular Beatles song.

when as a summer camp for kids staff member, instead of playing bugle calls for waking them up and for lights out over the loudspeaker system, you play Good Day Sunshine , and Ringo’s Good Night song from the White Album .

Play ‘GMGM’ and scare the living hell out of them with the opening rooster at full volume.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, jamessick, 50yearslate, WeepingAtlasCedars, William Shears Campbell, KyleKartan

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

26 March 2020
4.39pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629

When you see this mp3 player on amazon and click on the product because the thumbnail shows the Abbey Road cover.  Then you discover that the song title isn’t listed so you compare the timestamps to see which song it is playing.  I actually did this and found out the timestamps on the mp3 player screen are inaccurate. But I think I figured out what song it could possibly be.

So at first, I looked for a song on the album that came out to 3:45 like the second number on the time counter.  I found there were no exact matches, but Maxwell’s Silver Hammer at 3:28, Oh Darling at 3:27, and YNGMYM at 4:03 came the closest.  However, I wasn’t satisfied as each was more than 15 seconds off.

I then thought that maybe the time counter was one where the ending number decreases to show how much time is left in the song rather than the length of the total song.  That would bring the timestamp to 4:34.  The track that comes closest on the album is Come Together at 4:20, which I think might be the track that’s playing despite the 14-second gap.  Some other indications that would make this pretty plausible are the fact that the song is listed as 49/650 which I’m sure is its placement in a list of all the player’s songs in alphabetical order.  This would be a pretty plausible placement for Come Together as it is towards the top of the list which is where a C song would be expected to appear.

Another thing is Come Together is one of the most popular songs off the album, and considering the guy has only 650 songs on his mp3 player my thought is he doesn’t have a ton of full albums but rather hits and songs he enjoys that he got individually on a digital media store(or illegally).  Thus, considering that it seems likely that he would have Come Together over other Beatles songs as it is one of their more popular songs and one that I’m sure many have in their music libraries that contain only a handful of Beatles tunes.

This all being said the song playing on the mp3 player in the picture is most likely Come Together .

71wRrTEOfLL._AC_SL1500_.jpgImage Enlarger

And there you have it.  My journey to make sense of numbers on an MP3 player’s preview screen that are probably arbitrary.  But I mean come on, how hard is it to show an accurate picture of a song playing on the device.

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars, Ahhh Girl, Getbackintheussr, AppleScruffJunior, Von Bontee

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

26 March 2020
5.26pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3746sp_Permalink sp_Print

^^
Absolute john-lennon-salute_gif mad john-lennon-salute_gif lad john-lennon-salute_gif

William Shears Campbell, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, Getbackintheussr, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png

31 March 2020
10.56am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3747sp_Permalink sp_Print

When the ‘Barber of Seville’ isn’t as enjoyable a listen due to the lack of four Liverpudlians making silly noises. 

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars, sir walter raleigh, William Shears Campbell

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

1 April 2020
1.28pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5825
3748sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you correct your dad on the proper pseudo-spanish/jibberish of Sun King

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, William Shears Campbell, WeepingAtlasCedars, Timothy, Beatlebug, jamessick

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

16 April 2020
12.49am
Turn Left At Greenland
Writing home every day
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 192
3749sp_Permalink sp_Print

Two things:

1. When you hum the entirety of Norwegian Wood to make sure you brush your teeth for a full two minutes (it works, folks!)

2. When the sign-off sound on FaceTime reminds you of the first note in Strawberry Fields Forever , thus prompting you to play that song

The following people thank Turn Left At Greenland for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, KyleKartan

"And life flows on within you and without you"

"I guess I just wasn't made for these times"

16 April 2020
12.51am
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
3750sp_Permalink sp_Print

Turn Left At Greenland said
Two things:

1. When you hum the entirety of Norwegian Wood to make sure you brush your teeth for a full two minutes (it works, folks!)

I do it with The 59th Street Bridge Song. 1:59

Turn Left At Greenland, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

16 April 2020
2.47am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3751sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ooo that’s actually a good idea. I tend to just zone out and/or harass my cat, I figure that would get me roughly 2 minutes.

However, there are two Beatles songs with run times of exactly 2:00 according to my spreadsheet of Beatles…

Please Please Me (the album version…), and And Your Bird Can Sing . The more you knowmccartney-shrug_01_gif

The following people thank The Hole Got Fixed for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, WeepingAtlasCedars, Turn Left At Greenland

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

16 April 2020
1.28pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3752sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve been following @Jolly Jimmy’s suggestion of humming Her Majesty whilst washing my hands for the full plague-recommended 20 seconds, though I go a bit over rinsing because I don’t start rinsing until the last “Her Majesty ‘s a pretty nice girl”. I also usually don’t finish it because I start giggling halfway through.

lovelyritametermaid, WeepingAtlasCedars, Jolly Jimmy, Turn Left At Greenland, Von Bontee

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

17 April 2020
7.16am
Jolly Jimmy
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1071
3753sp_Permalink sp_Print

I confess that I grew tired of doing that and started to slack off.  This has been going on too long.  Perhaps I need some motivation.

Also, like the Bad Boy , I need to get down to that barbershop and get that hair cut off my head.  It’s been more than three weeks and I’m going insane.

Perhaps I can get my doctor to prescribe an Outgrown Follicle Extraction.

The following people thank Jolly Jimmy for this post:

Beatlebug, Timothy

You are all my friends.

17 April 2020
7.53am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3754sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jolly Jimmy said
I confess that I grew tired of doing that and started to slack off.  This has been going on too long.  Perhaps I need some motivation.

Also, like the Bad Boy , I need to get down to that barbershop and get that hair cut off my head.  It’s been more than three weeks and I’m going insane.

Perhaps I can get my doctor to prescribe an Outgrown Follicle Extraction.

Same here, to the point where I’ve bought a razor and will be self-sheering after it arrives in the post.

Beatlebug

17 April 2020
12.50pm
Beatlebug

Moderators
3755sp_Permalink sp_Print

Jolly Jimmy said

Well, I confess that I’ve slacked off since I’ve been stuck at home, but I make sure to revive it if I come into contact with the outside world in any way (mail/packages, mostly).

([{BRACKETS!}])
whiteheart.png

16 May 2020
1.07am
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3756sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when, in a class Zoom call, the topic of discussion turns to the lads and your teacher asks you who the oldest Beatle is. Not only do you go on to give Ringo’s exact birthday, but you also explain that *technically* Stu was the oldest Beatle, as he was born a month before Ringo, but a lot of people wouldn’t generally consider him in this sort of question because he wasn’t part of the iconic final lineup, yada yada yada…..a-hard-days-night-paul-7

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, lovelyritametermaid, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, sir walter raleigh, Little Piggy Dragonguy, Timothy, 50yearslate, Von Bontee, KyleKartan

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

22 May 2020
2.42pm
William Shears Campbell
Somewhere In The Black Mountain Hills Of Utah
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3629
3757sp_Permalink sp_Print

When again you guess the song correctly.  These articles cant surprise me, but I guess to they get me up open them just to prove my correctness

https://www.cheatsheet.com/ent…..lbum.html/

The following people thank William Shears Campbell for this post:

Beatlebug

Here | There | Everywhere

It's ya boi!  The one and only Billy Shears (AKA Paul's Replacement)

"Sometimes I wish I was just George Harrison" - John Lennon

24 May 2020
12.26pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Every time someone says “birds” all I can think of is a bird tweeting madly followed by Phil Spector screaming “F*****g horns and birds and seagulls and s**t!!!” and then mad laughter, all from the ‘Rock ‘N’ Roll ‘ sessions (included on the Lennon ‘Anthology’ box).

I love those audio excerpts. This is brilliant and so odd to include (despite the video image it’s not from the ‘Imagine ‘ sessions), never mind the title phrase you get John saying “Keltner! Control your prick”.

lovelyritametermaid, sir walter raleigh, WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

25 May 2020
1.52am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2188
3759sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you believe listening to the Beatles gives you what can only be described as superpowers. 

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

lovelyritametermaid, sir walter raleigh, Beatlebug, KyleKartan

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

25 May 2020
3.47pm
sir walter raleigh
Apple rooftop
Members
3760sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
When you believe listening to the Beatles gives you what can only be described as superpowers. 

its like owning a green lantern ring

Timothy

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 427
Currently Browsing this Page:
5 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2876
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
Moisturefarmer, flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25091, Ahhh Girl: 22466, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706