Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
Beatles News
12 September 2024
1.56pm
KyleKartan
Germany
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 420
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
4001sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
US albums getting another release – 60 years etc. 

There has also been talk of a reissue or reworking of the US First Visit footage which had been made into various documentaries over the decades, tho nothing has been confirmed in the slightest.

Joe said
Full_Visual_3.jpgImage Enlarger

Here’s a leak of the box set. It seems to be called 1964 US Albums in Mono, despite The Early Beatles being released in March 1965. Word is that The Beatles’ Story is exclusive to the box set, while the others will also get standalone releases.

The other US albums were Help ! (1965), Rubber Soul (1965), Yesterday And Today (1966), Revolver (1966), and Hey Jude (1970). Presumably there’ll be another box set to follow, though knowing Apple they might equally lose interest and forget all about it.

Here is the official trailer for the release: 

The set looks great. Nice collection and great occation as its the 60th anniversary of the Fab Four conquering the US. Dont know if I should get it though. Not a Vinyl collector. Maybe Ill start with this release. Releasing 22th of november this year…

The following people thank KyleKartan for this post:

Joe, Richard

For the Benefit of Mr. Kyle

12 September 2024
2.43pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5706
4002sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s the date With The Beatles and the White Album were released in the 1960s.

I guess we know now that it’s unlikely that there’ll be a Rubber Soul reissue this year. This one is too close to Christmas for there to be another.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Rube, Richard, KyleKartan

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

12 September 2024
3.02pm
Rube
United Kingdom
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1474

I think the Rubber Soul reissues will be out next year as it’s the 60th anniversary, but I could be wrong.  

The following people thank Rube for this post:

KyleKartan

Winner of Most Hardcore Beatles Bible Fan 2021

mosthardcore.png

12 September 2024
3.05pm
LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 276
4004sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey @Joe do you own the Christmas Records 7″ coloured Vinyl set from 2017? I love that set! heart

The following people thank LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds for this post:

KyleKartan
12 September 2024
8.23pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090
sp_UserOnlineSmall Online

Rube said
I think the Rubber Soul reissues will be out next year as it’s the 60th anniversary, but I could be wrong.  

Yeah. This allows the SDE to return to the correct anniversary year which Apple love.

There has been talk of a re-release of the ‘Anthology’ series and 2026 would provide Apple an extra year to prepare that since ‘Revolver ‘ got the SDE only recently (60 years since end of touring, ‘RL’ issued along with ‘A2’ and ‘A3’ and wasn’t the ‘Anthology’ video set released in 1996, plus it corrects ‘NAW’ not being on ‘A3’ – it overlooks ‘FAAB’ was 2025 but meh). Apple then do what Paul does with ‘BOTR’ and Yoko/Sean for ‘Imagine ‘ and celebrate the 60th anniversary of ‘Pepper’ because it’s law (same goes for Queen with ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’/’A Night At The Opera’). Also kills any hope of 1963 or 1964 box sets for a few years but many of which have only been issued on the revised ‘Red’ and ‘Blue’ sets.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Rube

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 September 2024
10.49pm
Old Soak
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 249
4006sp_Permalink sp_Print

What I want is the BBC sessions fully separated and enhanced by Peter and remixed in true stereo with any DJ talking removed. I’m sure he could improve that first ever session that’s only available in ropey quality as a boot as a bonus EP. 

The following people thank Old Soak for this post:

KyleKartan
13 September 2024
11.25am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5706
4007sp_Permalink sp_Print

LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds said
Hey @Joe do you own the Christmas Records 7″ coloured Vinyl set from 2017? I love that set! heart

I do. It’s nice. I’ve also got my mum’s original flexi fan club discs from 1963 and 1964. I think she stopped being a member after that.

Rube said

It’s a fair assumption. I wish they’d looped back to 1963 after Let It Be , and reissued PPM and WTB last year, AHDN and BFS this year. If they’re going to hook the Rubber Soul reissue to the 60th anniversary, where do they go next? Do Help ! in the same year, then keep going backwards and ignore the anniversary thing?

One of the few good things to come of the pandemic was that labels mostly stopped doing anniversary reissues, and just put stuff out when it was ready (JL/POB, ATMP , LIB ). I wish they’d keep doing that.

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Rube, LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds, Von Bontee, Von Bontee, Richard

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: meanmistermustard, Richard, Oakwood
Guest(s) 234
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2876
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22462, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706