Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
13 January 2012
1.33am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2781sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mhhhh I have this one…

Image Enlarger

I have to be honest : It's a copy. A friend has the CD and gave me one knowing I'm a Beatles fan and I was interested, but as I said, the sound is not that good. I'll try to get the one you mention, thanks!!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

13 January 2012
12.21pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2782sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have this one, and it sounds great.

Image Enlarger

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

14 January 2012
5.15am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I'll see if I can get one of these.

BTW It's cold. Too damn cold. I have tons of chapters to read to write 2 reports for my master's degree, one in English and my teacher is really strict. (BTW I got 23 out of 30 in my last report thank you Meanmistermustard and SunKing!)  I have to prepare a general draft from scratch for 2 classes I'm teaching, and despite I love my master's degree, I just want to move to another city. Oh and I'm going to prepare a training for my coworkers about a course I took one year ago and I don't remember a thing about it.

Feel sorry for me? Hah. Feel sorry not! Look what I'm wearing tomorrow bitches a-hard-days-night-john-1a-hard-days-night-john-1

Image Enlarger

Beware of Darkness… 

14 January 2012
7.07pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25093
2784sp_Permalink sp_Print

Congratulations Mith on your good grade (tho it was probably my help that contributed to the loss of 7 of the 30 marks). I found it really interesting to read and good luck on preparing your trainee course.

Its cold here, being January in Scotland, so its keep moving and being wrapped up, but youre football team (soccer for those in the usa) winning their last 7 matches helps keep you warm.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 January 2012
1.21am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Oh not at all!! The errors were because I wrote things like “All of my students” and we are not making a quantitative research but a qualitative research, and also I wrote “My students answered the survey with true information” and my teacher wrote “How do you know?”. I also used a lot of object pronouns, and “isn’t”. So I lost points because of that. And my stupid printer didn’t print the correct margins so I also lost points for that paul-mccartney

Anyway I might be away for a while. I have to prepare myself for an exam and I’m going to start the first part of my Master’s thesis. I wish I had taken one about the Beatles… a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

Say, which is your favorite football team??

Beware of Darkness… 

15 January 2012
2.30am
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 497
2786sp_Permalink sp_Print

Buddy Holly was the man. Not Fade Away is still awesome, as is much of his discography.

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me

15 January 2012
4.03am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2787sp_Permalink sp_Print

WB Jet !!! apple01apple01

Beware of Darkness… 

15 January 2012
11.18am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2788sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds harsh losing marks for not having the right printer margins but i know how tough the markers are. Its also insane that you cant use 'isnt' and 'hasnt', it has to be 'is not' and 'has not'. Tho its good that these things are fixable and your marks will increase next time round. Again congrutulations.apple01apple01

I support a junior side in Glasgow (junior isnt kids, there are fully professional sides like Rangers and Celtic (or Man Utd if you havent heard of those 2 scottish sides) and then below that is Junior football which is where the players have full time jobs and play in their spare time getting paid far far less, at the most a top junior player will get about £100 a week.) called Maryhill (its £4 to watch each game and the matches are competitive so good value for money). They're in the very bottom league after years of financial problems and basically being rubbish but seem to have turned it around.  You dont leave your team even if they are garbage.

And welcome back Jet , when i wrote in another thread that Jet was a song i hate a) you came into my head but b) it wasnt aimed at you personally. Have a couple of apples in recompenseapple01apple01.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 January 2012
2.36pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026
2789sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thought you supported one of the big two for some reason. Might've mentioned an upcoming Old Firm match or something.

I told her I didn’t 

15 January 2012
2.55pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2790sp_Permalink sp_Print

I only give support to either Rangers or Celtic when they are playing in European matches as they represent Scotland and i want the Scottish teams to do well, the same goes for all the scottish sides playing in Europe.

15 January 2012
3.44pm
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
2791sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said:

And welcome back Jet , when i wrote in another thread that Jet was a song i hate a) you came into my head but b) it wasnt aimed at you personally. Have a couple of apples in recompenseapple01apple01.

I know, mr. mustard, I was joking a-hard-days-night-john-6I figured that out from the context. Thank you! It's good to be back. Things are less hectic now at this end so I have time to be here.

And thank you, Mith! Best of luck on your exam and your thesis.

15 January 2012
4.01pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2792sp_Permalink sp_Print

I knew you were joking Jet , what i was saying was that you came into my head due to having the name (plus a bit of an explanation added on as it would have sounded nasty saying just part a).

15 January 2012
4.11pm
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
2793sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well it's good to know you guys haven't forgotten me heart I must go finish my university applications though. I'll try to think of an interesting topic to add to this thread later…

15 January 2012
4.28pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2794sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, the number of Canadians posting just increased by 66% (from 2 to 3). Welcome Back JET!!!!

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

15 January 2012
7.03pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2795sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 SunKing are you planning to keep Georgie as your avatar? I love that pic…

Beware of Darkness… 

16 January 2012
7.19pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5531
2796sp_Permalink sp_Print

If history indicates, he'll probably switch to another George picture someday! (My personal favourite was the head-above-water one.)

And that Buddy Holly collection mentioned by Seaglass Eyes is indeed an excellent (and excellent-sounding) starting point!

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

16 January 2012
8.26pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2797sp_Permalink sp_Print

The plan is to keep the avatar for now, but I’ll probably ask you guys before I do it.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

16 January 2012
10.29pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2798sp_Permalink sp_Print

I'm so tired.. but I saw last night Sherlock's series 2 finale. Amazing TV Show. I love Freeman and Cumberbatch. heart

Beware of Darkness… 

16 January 2012
11.22pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

For anyone who has the channel Sky Arts (sky channel #243) its screening Monty Python: Almost The Truth on Saturdays at 8pm. Its basically The Pythons equivalent of The Beatles Anthology and well worth seeing tho part 1 (how they formed) has already been shown (tho you can catch a repeat tonight (Monday 16th January) at 11.55pm.

And have noticed that on Wednesday 18/1/2011 at 8pm (repeated twice on Thursday 19/1 at 1:55am and 10am), Sky Arts (channel 243) are showing ‘All You Need Is Love : Mighty Good (The Beatles)’ which examiners their impact and “how Brian Epstein was made to eat his words after he predicted that managing them would be a part-time job”.

Mith, i havent seen the last 2 episodes of the series yet but Sherlock Holmes is excellent, i have the second one sky +'d and the the third will be recorded next saturday night. Im not a fan of Freeman's other work but in this he is fantastic, as is Cumberbatch. And to everyone posting here, please dont spoil the storylines.

17 January 2012
12.27am
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2800sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, I went to Barnes and Noble with my mom to buy a album of my choice and a Joni Mitchell for her, and since they were doing a 3-for-2 sale I now own both Let It Roll and Plastic Ono Band.

paul-mccartney

My first solo Beatles records. heart

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 270
Currently Browsing this Page:
6 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
Cergyon, Moisturefarmer, flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25093, Ahhh Girl: 22467, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706