Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
4 January 2012
10.10pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2761sp_Permalink sp_Print

You are the SAME PERSON?!?!

I've been wondering which of you was ripping the other off!

Don't do this to my head….a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

4 January 2012
10.23pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2762sp_Permalink sp_Print

There’s absolutely no correlation from song to cause. If an appropriate song was picked, I’d have no objection. It’s the bad choice of song, not the cause I object to.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

6 January 2012
1.24am
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 137
2763sp_Permalink sp_Print

Is there a painter here? I just need opinions and advice…andd, uhmm… this is my painting and I think it's “okay”. I haven't finished his hair and eyes, and after that: some details in the shades, face and mouth, I guess… So please tell me what you think (?) I hope it all ends well a-hard-days-night-george-5

Image Enlarger

This is la la la la love! – George Harrisonheart

Please! Tell me what you think! and I hope you won't  laugh haha.

http://soulandeyes.tumblr.com/

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

6 January 2012
2.59am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605
2764sp_Permalink sp_Print

Considering that the eyes aren't finished… it looks great!! Good work!!  Just put something more “botox” on George lower lip. Otherwise it looks fantastic.

BTW Guys, today is Dia de Reyes in Mexico… they're three but to me they're always four a-hard-days-night-john-2

Image Enlarger

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

6 January 2012
4.28am
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members

mithveaen said:

Considering that the eyes aren't finished… it looks great!! Good work!!  Just put something more “botox” on George lower lip. Otherwise it looks fantastic.

BTW Guys, today is Dia de Reyes in Mexico… they're three but to me they're always four a-hard-days-night-john-2

Image Enlarger

That's the problem, in the picture He looks like “satisfied” and in the painting he looks like he's mad or something lol so I'm trying to figure that one outa-hard-days-night-paul-4 and the eyes are kind of challenging too… but thanks!heart

I love that pictureheart

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

9 January 2012
8.31pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2766sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig, did you see the Tebow magic yesterday? I can’t believe he was able to beat that Pittsburgh D. Can you believe it?

9 January 2012
8.50pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2767sp_Permalink sp_Print

Saw the highlights this morning. Pittsburgh's defense was pretty banged up, but still, he had one heck of a game.

Are you rooting for anyone in particular? I don't have a dog in the fight, so I'm kinda pulling for San Francisco.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

9 January 2012
9.26pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2768sp_Permalink sp_Print

Green Bay. I’ve always been a fan of them since, well, I was born. But my dad’s always been a SF fan, so I want them. But, I also really like New Orleans (I really love that Brees came to New Orleans, as well as Payton, after the Hurricane. I still remember the reopening of the SuperDome), so those 3.
Over on the AFC side, Baltimore or Denver. But not New England. They win too often.

9 January 2012
10.53pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2769sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vale said:

That’s the problem, in the picture He looks like “satisfied” and in the painting he looks like he’s mad or something lol so I’m trying to figure that one outa-hard-days-night-paul-4 and the eyes are kind of challenging too… but thanks!heart

When you haven't done the eyes yet it always looks really creepy. When I was doing my self-portrait and hadn't filled in the eyes I looked like a zombie-demon hybrid.

About one month after finally giving my block beautiful brand-new sidewalk, which it really needed, the Public Works people are tearing it all up again to give the sewer “long-term maintenance”. Could they possibly have done this maintenance LAST month?

My school is doing meditation sessions before all of our midterm exams (a-hard-days-night-ringo-14) this week. Nice of them.

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

10 January 2012
2.06am
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
2770sp_Permalink sp_Print

seaglass eyes sunny smile said:

When you haven't done the eyes yet it always looks really creepy. When I was doing my self-portrait and hadn't filled in the eyes I looked like a zombie-demon hybrid.

My school is doing meditation sessions before all of our midterm exams (a-hard-days-night-ringo-14) this week. Nice of them.

Thanks! I'll just try and draw them on paper and then paint thema-hard-days-night-george-8

And at least they think of you (?) My school would never do that, instead they would make us do extra homeworka-hard-days-night-ringo-13 Good luck though. By the way I love your picture so mucha-hard-days-night-george-7

10 January 2012
7.07pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members

The ongoing saga of the sewer maintenance people continues. There is now a FIFTEEN FOOT DEEP HOLE directly in front of my front door. I literally cannot get out. Fortunately, we have a back door.

The Phantom Tollbooth

11 January 2012
4.19am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2772sp_Permalink sp_Print

I have tons of work and stress. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

Beware of Darkness… 

11 January 2012
6.22am
yesterdaydreaming
North East England
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 52
2773sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s ok mith, I’m pretty stressed out too becaus this week is finals week, and most of my grades are C’s borderline B’s so I have to study REALLY hard because I want to get all A’s and B’s REALLY bad. Have some virtual apples because my iPod dosent let me use them. ( ` ) ( ` ) ( ` ) ( ` )

***? "A Hard Day's Night" opening chord ?***

11 January 2012
4.20pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2774sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thank you so much 🙂 apple01

Beware of Darkness… 

12 January 2012
2.46pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's Northern Ontario mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5529
2775sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said:

There's absolutely no correlation from song to cause. If an appropriate song was picked, I'd have no objection. It's the bad choice of song, not the cause I object to.

OK, fair enough maybe, but I think you can find some correlation there if you want it to be. “So this is Christmas/And what have you done”…to make the world a better place, why not sponsor a kid?

(Anyway, the whole topic's moot now – another year over, a new one just begun, so to speak.)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

12 January 2012
3.06pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2776sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice to see Joe that you're protesting against SOPA.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Beware of Darkness… 

12 January 2012
4.35pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827

I picked up a Buddy Holly compilation CD recently and can’t get enough of “Rave On”. I wish the Fabs had covered it.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 January 2012
7.33pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25093
2778sp_Permalink sp_Print

Buddy Holly is/was an absolute genius and his career should be investigated by folks. His influence on the beatles was crucial to their development right from the offset.

I think Rave On was one of the songs they sang at the auditions where the audience clapped for who they thought was the best, along with Think It Over. And of course they covered some of his songs during the Get Back sessions.

If anyone ever considers getting Buddy Holly compilations be careful which ones you buy. I think its stopped now but there are many with really bad overdubs added that completely ruin the songs. Imagine Yesterday overdubbed with cheesy backing vocals that were recorded in a lousy studio in 1989 and sound completely out of place.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 January 2012
7.51pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2779sp_Permalink sp_Print

Which compilation can you recommend? I got one (don't remember the name) and I was pretty disappointed with the sound…

Beware of Darkness… 

12 January 2012
9.33pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25093
2780sp_Permalink sp_Print

What compilation do you have Mith? Sorry but there isnt really a definative answer. You can download the Very Best of Buddy Holly for £4 at amazon, which was actually released by the record company that actually owned his music, which has all his biggest songs, but that came out in 1999. The most recent equivalent is priced at £13 and is simply not worth the money, and i doubt there is much difference in sound quality. As for the others i would say give them a preview as there is little to no difference in quality. Two of the best songs to preview to avoid the overdubbed garbage are Everyday and Peggy Sue, neither should have backing vocals. If they do avoid that cd. The complete ep collection is another good collection of many of his songs.

To be perfectly blunt the Holly catalogue has unfortunately fallen into the hands of the multiple record companies, and may even be out of copyright, to the extent that it rivals Elvis in pointless compilations at various prices (from the dirt cheap to massively overpriced) and all will probably sound exactly the same as all the others.

I truly dread the day the Beatles music falls into the public domain. Maybe thats what Yoko's aim is with all the lennon compilations that come out, to get us ready for the day it becomes a free for all.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 243
Currently Browsing this Page:
9 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2876
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
Moisturefarmer, flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25092, Ahhh Girl: 22467, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706