Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
16 December 2011
8.31pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2721sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mrs.McCarrison said:

a-hard-days-night-ringo-6There are 909 members now! Only let one more person join! Just kidding. But still, we should savor the moment.

Nice catch – who will be the “chosen one”?

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

16 December 2011
10.01pm
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 137
2722sp_Permalink sp_Print

seaglass eyes sunny smile said:

Oh my gosh, Vale, that's dreadful. I'm so sorry. Who is this singer? That's really depressing.

I have this gigantic chorale Christmas concert this evening. Only a few “hard” pieces, but I sing the descant on all the carols because I'm a soprano, so I have to sing stuff like “O Little Town of Bethlehem” with a melody I didn't actually know beforehand. I'm excited, even though having such a long concert tonight is a bit of a bummer.

That's awesome, good luck seaglass

and Mith just said it haha.

Mith: yes, the drummer said they wanted to get together again and make about 40 shows in 2010…

meanmistermustard: That's sweet, thanks (although he's not my family or anything) but for your “get well soon” whishes he deserves it

This is la la la la love! – George Harrisonheart

Please! Tell me what you think! and I hope you won't  laugh haha.

http://soulandeyes.tumblr.com/

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

20 December 2011
7.56am
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members

My aunt's neighbor is a really sweet woman, I take care of her aunt. So one day I went to her house and the first thing I saw surprised me and I said: “IS THAT A PAUL McCARTNEY PAINTIN'GG?!” and the thing is that it was a paul painting. The incredible part is that SHE made it. it's awesome! so I told her that my favorite beatle was George and there was a long conversation after that. She's pretty talented! 

Days after she came to us and showed me a sketch of a “soon to be” George Harrison painting, and told me that I was going to paint it!  It's my first time painting seriously, and I'm pretty good at drawing, but painting?

I just started it and I think it's quite good to be my first timea-hard-days-night-john-6 Just wanted to share that a-hard-days-night-john-2

The picture that I'm painting is this one:

Image Enlarger

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

20 December 2011
11.56am
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2724sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow! Good luck!

I'm sure it will be beautiful. it's George, how could it not be beautiful?!?

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

20 December 2011
2.33pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25093

Saw a report on the bbc of Jon Bon Jovi denying he was dead (always a good place to start) after the story was posted online that he had died and it got me wondering; were there celebrity death hoaxes befoe Pauls in regards to people who were actually alive (i dont mean people faking their death)? 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 December 2011
3.00pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605
2726sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey good luck with your painting Vale!! We want pics!!!! a-hard-days-night-george-10

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

20 December 2011
3.13pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 510
2727sp_Permalink sp_Print

That picture of George is so beautiful… And mustard, I suppose Jesus doesn’t count?

20 December 2011
7.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Jesus' death depends on what you believe. I think Herod (was it Herod) said his body had been stolen by some of the disciples to make it look like he had risen, so that was a hoax – if you believe what is written.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 December 2011
8.00pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2729sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said:

Saw a report on the bbc of Jon Bon Jovi denying he was dead (always a good place to start) after the story was posted online that he had died and it got me wondering; were there celebrity death hoaxes befoe Pauls in regards to people who were actually alive (i dont mean people faking their death)? 

This one involving Mark Twain wasn't a hoax, but rather a mistake.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

20 December 2011
10.22pm
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
2730sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks mith and seaglassa-hard-days-night-george-8

I haven't finished it yet I'm like half way through it, and George is beautiful! but it's my first time painting in a serious way, so I hope it ends well haha. When I finish it, I will post a picture a-hard-days-night-george-10

21 December 2011
12.24am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2688
2731sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hey all! Sorry I haven’t been on in a while — I forgot to mention December is “Madrigal Season.” I’ve been super busy singing at elementary schools, old folks’ homes, and other places. But Christmas break starts soon and I’ll be able to post as much as I want.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

21 December 2011
3.36pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2732sp_Permalink sp_Print

And all is now right with the world. Welcome back, M3!

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

21 December 2011
5.10pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2733sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know it splits opinion but the news that a man who threw a disruptive passenger off a train after asking the conductor if he wanted help is being charged with assault saddens me. One day we will have reached the point where its legally safer to do nothing than help out when people are being loud and disruptive.

I thought he did the right thing and still do.

21 December 2011
5.15pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2734sp_Permalink sp_Print

MeanMrsMustard said:

Hey all! Sorry I haven't been on in a while — I forgot to mention December is “Madrigal Season.” I've been super busy singing at elementary schools, old folks' homes, and other places. But Christmas break starts soon and I'll be able to post as much as I want.

Awesome! Great to “see” you again!!

21 December 2011
5.43pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2735sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the welcome back, everyone! Soon I'll be posting so much you'll wonder when I'll disappear again. You know, like I do all the time. a-hard-days-night-george-10

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

21 December 2011
8.28pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2736sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Already there Mrs Mustard.

Kidding. Nice to have you back again just in time for Christmas. What is 'Madrigal Season' by the way?

22 December 2011
12.02am
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2737sp_Permalink sp_Print

a Madrigal choir is a type of choir. I'm guessing she's in a chorus that's very active around Christmas.

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

22 December 2011
2.14pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2738sp_Permalink sp_Print

Was listening to Remember (Walking In The Sand) by The Shangri-Las and discovered that John stole part of it for Free As A Bird (1:23 into the song). The words have been slightly changed but there is an obvious similarity along with the tune, which John slowed down a bit.

22 December 2011
6.54pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2739sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said:

What is 'Madrigal Season' by the way?

It's Christmas time. I'm in my high school's Madrigal choir, and we do a lot of concerts around Christmas, particularly at elementary schools and old folks' homes. We did a couple of ward parties as well. 

22 December 2011
7.18pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2740sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sounds like fun MMrsM, i like choirs at christmas.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 235
Currently Browsing this Page:
6 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2876
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
Moisturefarmer, flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25092, Ahhh Girl: 22467, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706