Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
3 December 2011
11.51pm
AliJaggerMcCartney
Locked in a Newspaper Taxi with Lucy and Bungalow Bill
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 179
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

A funny thing happened today,

So my friend Jenni was over (one of my Beatlemaniac friends!a-hard-days-night-ringo-9) and we decided to watch movies all day, we watched A Hard Day’s Night , Help ! and Rocky Horror. Then we didn’t know what to watch…

I was looking at old pictures of Roger Daltrey for us to drool over (and she’s a Daltrey fangirl!) online, and we found this photo and died laughing

[Image Can Not Be Found]http://media.photobucket.com/image/roger%20daltrey/animalbiscuitsaregood/roflbot-1Fa3.jpg

We look at the website it was from for a little longer, and then we discover a movie Roger made in 1980, McVicar, and we decide to watch it.

45 minutes later

The first time we see Roger’s ass in the shower scenes

Jenni: GOD! He’s hot! 

Me: I KNOW!!!

*Roger’s ass comes on the screen*

*Silence*

Jenni: OH, MY, GOD 😀 😀

*Both of us squeal at the top of our lungs*

In total, we see Roger’s ass 5 times 

AWKWARD (But totally hot!)!

Good Dog Nigel. Arf, Arf, he goes, a merry sight. Our little hairy friend. Arf, Arf, upon the lampost bright, arfing around the bend. Nice dog! Goo boy, waggie tail and beg. Clever Nigel, jump for joy
Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel.
-John Lennon "In His Own Write"

4 December 2011
5.36pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570

meanmistermustard said:

Apologies to unknown and sea glass, i was typing fast and got the name wrong.

Continuing the food and drink theme of late, spare a thought for the 2 kids who were accidently given bleach to drink by restuarant staff instead of water when out eating with their parents.

How on earth you mistake bleach for water is a mystery as it stinks when you go anywhere near it. Unless the water served stank as well.

Oh my god, that’s horrific. What kind of idiot would do that?

AliJaggerMcCartney said:

*Roger's ass comes on the screen*

*Silence*

Dear God , I laughed. That reminds me of looking at that poster that comes with the White Album with my friend Lucy. She is NOT a Beatlemaniac. She particularly dislikes John.

Me: Ummmm, Lucy, you might not want to unfold that…

Lucy: Why?

*unfolds poster*

*sees naked picture of John*

Lucy: EEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWW WHYYYYYYYY?!?!?!

Me: Sorry. told you so.

Lucy: EEEEEEWWWW THATS SO NAAAAASSTTYYY!!!!

Me: Calm yourself, child.

*about 5 minutes of EEEWing later*

Lucy: Remind me why you like this band again?

I hope for her sake she never lays eyes on Two Virgins two-virgins

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

4 December 2011
5.52pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090
2683sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok, ive compiled an album of the beatles reunion sessions plus a host of Free As A Bird and Real Love mixes but need a good name for the disc and a good picture for the itunes image. Could also do with a suitable picture – all the beatles reunion ones are either just George, Ringo and Paul or rubbish ones where John has been photoshopped in.

Any ideas?

Plus im thinking of reorganising the Yellow Submarine lp tracks back to their respective time of recording lps but i have no idea what to do with the Martin scores. Any idea with that as well? (i've done it with MMT and am going to do it with the Anthology discs).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

4 December 2011
6.27pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2684sp_Permalink sp_Print

How are you doing all this, is it all of iTunes? I would just leave the Martin scores on YS.

For the compilation album, it should be named Not What You Don't, and the cover should be this:

Image Enlarger

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

4 December 2011
7.33pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

All in itunes.

I'm going to put the Martin instrumentals in with the Yellow Submarine Songtrack along with the 5.1 separated channels.

Thanks unknown for your ideas, ideally the pic would be an after-split beatles related pic to highlight its not 60's beatles.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

7 December 2011
3.10am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1326
2686sp_Permalink sp_Print

Not sure if anyone has seen the current issue of Rolling Stone, but for whatever reason they did another version of the 100 greatest guitar players of all time and George came in at 11. I believe he was somewhere in the 20's last time. More surprising is that Mr. Lennon came in at 55, so it looks like they finally decided to take rhythm into account, who would have guessed that rhythm is equally as important as playing lead? What a concept.

Top few is pretty obvious, Hendrix, Clapton, Page, Beck. Neil Young at 17 is another surprise, and they still don't have any love for my guy Leo Nocentelli of the Meters…what a shame. But at least they included one funk player, Eddie Hazel who squeaked in at 83.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

7 December 2011
3.37am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605
2687sp_Permalink sp_Print

I saw the version online. I didn't know John made the list. And I read an editorial saying putting Clapton in 2nd place is all wrong. a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

7 December 2011
3.44am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2688sp_Permalink sp_Print

11’s fair for Harrison, 55 a little off for John (he’s more 60, 62). Neil Young is a surprise, quite honestly. I know he did some awesome solos, and some of his acoustic is beautiful, but mid 20’s seems fairer.
And Mith, about Clapton; wrong in a good way (deserves a worse spot) or a bad (deserved #1)?

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

7 December 2011
4.13am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2689sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wrong in a bad way. The guy said it should be lower.

Now that's his opinion not mine. I wish I could find that article again.. a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

Beware of Darkness… 

7 December 2011
7.30am
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 137

Would someone like to tell me the easiest Beatle song on piano? I'm learning piano, but it's kind of boring learning a song that I don't like, it would be easier if it was from The Beatles a-hard-days-night-george-8

This is la la la la love! – George Harrisonheart

Please! Tell me what you think! and I hope you won't  laugh haha.

http://soulandeyes.tumblr.com/

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

7 December 2011
12.38pm
mrs.McHennon
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 130
2691sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vale:) said:

Would someone like to tell me the easiest Beatle song on piano? I'm learning piano, but it's kind of boring learning a song that I don't like, it would be easier if it was from The Beatles a-hard-days-night-george-8

I would like to know that, too. I guess I'll ask my teacher. a-hard-days-night-john-6

7 December 2011
12.52pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2692sp_Permalink sp_Print

GniknuS said:

Not sure if anyone has seen the current issue of Rolling Stone, but for whatever reason they did another version of the 100 greatest guitar players of all time and George came in at 11. I believe he was somewhere in the 20’s last time. More surprising is that Mr. Lennon came in at 55, so it looks like they finally decided to take rhythm into account, who would have guessed that rhythm is equally as important as playing lead? What a concept.

Yeah, I noticed it in Safeway. George used to be 21. Why'd they revamp the list? John got on? I didn't notice, I looked through the top stuff, and pretty much stopped when I got to George. Wasn't expecting John to place. They don't usually recognize rhythm guitarists, as you said.

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

7 December 2011
6.29pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2693sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mhh about the easy song to learn in piano.. how about Yesterday ? I learned it when I was 6 and if I find the right keys I  can still play it.. a-hard-days-night-john-1

Beware of Darkness… 

7 December 2011
8.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2694sp_Permalink sp_Print

I know John felt overlooked as a rhythm guitarist, one example he raised was All My Loving . Good to see him finally get a bit of recognition.

7 December 2011
8.59pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2695sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why did I just feel it was 2010? Oh yes, because Von, Mith and Zig all had posted since I last checked. The classics are still great, apparently.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

7 December 2011
9.17pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2696sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said:

Why did I just feel it was 2010? Oh yes, because Von, Mith and Zig all had posted since I last checked. The classics are still great, apparently.

Get a post from skye and it will be a party!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

7 December 2011
9.50pm
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
2697sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said:

Mhh about the easy song to learn in piano.. how about Yesterday ? I learned it when I was 6 and if I find the right keys I  can still play it.. a-hard-days-night-john-1

Thanks Mith! 

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

8 December 2011
4.03am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2698sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said:

Isn't it great? Thank you SunKing a-hard-days-night-paul-8

Beware of Darkness… 

9 December 2011
4.37am
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members

My aunt told me she has this alarm clock for 25 years (maybe more) But the best part is that the alarm is not just any song… It’s Here Comes The Sun  a-hard-days-night-george-8 And now, I really love it. Although in 2009 I used to hate it because it went on and on and… it used to be terribly annoying. Just wanted to share that…

PS: it’s not the real song, it’s like this (look at video) in the minute 1:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…..OGhLeDbqGg

9 December 2011
10.24am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Nice clock, tho it would drive me insane since its not the real song, its ok once but not every morning. And Stand By Me follows. Does anyone know the name of the other songs, they sound familiar?

Someone called Rebecca Ferguson has said that when she goes over to America to break into the market she will change her accent like the beatles did! Did the beatles change their accents? I cant hear any difference at the their first press conference and ive never seen or heard anything that suggests they did.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: Oakwood
Guest(s) 198
Currently Browsing this Page:
4 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2876
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
Moisturefarmer, flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22462, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706