Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
22 November 2011
8.04pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 510
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2581sp_Permalink sp_Print

seaglass eyes sunny smile said:

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Your avatar makes me read everything you say in a really hyper, high-pitched voice.a-hard-days-night-paul-1

a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 The same for me. And your avatar makes me stare at it and not concentrate on the text at all

22 November 2011
9.32pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090

What is going on?

Incomplete, far cleaner and either earlier recording or alternate mixes of two of Georges esher tracks, Sour Milk Sea & While My Guitar Gently Weeps , are available to hear online. Where did they come from, are they complete and are there any others?

Plus have just read here that there is a complete recording of the Beatles live in Bournemouth in 1963 with excellent sound quality. If it is true then its a big deal as no tape of the beatles live in the summer of 1963 has ever been available before.

Whoever has it can they please make it available online.

And why do collectors who own these recordings not share them with fans anyway. Why would you keep it to yourself and a close circle of others?

On another matter my throat is like a very rough piece of sand paper has been superglued to my throat and then torn off. Can hardly speak and painful to swallow. 

Seaglass, has your allegiance changed to George as i noticed that your avatar has. Nice pic of George by the way.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

22 November 2011
10.25pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570

minime said:

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Your avatar makes me read everything you say in a really hyper, high-pitched voice.a-hard-days-night-paul-1

a-hard-days-night-ringo-13 The same for me. And your avatar makes me stare at it and not concentrate on the text at all

which one, the new George or the old John?

meanmistermustard said:

Seaglass, has your allegiance changed to George as i noticed that your avatar has. Nice pic of George by the way.

I posted in the new avatar thread, but I might as well explain again here. I'm changing to George for at least the next two weeks, as a sort of memorial. This is one of my favorite photos of him, possibly my very favorite.

It's a little weird seeing a very different picture where the old one I'm used to was.

Your use of “allegiance” cracked me up BTW. It sounds like a favorite-Beatle war!

I hate trying to decide which is my favorite anyway, I like them all so much and differently at different  times. I do find John most attractive though, and he's my favorite musically, so that's why he's usually avatar material.

I'm in a George phase right now though, partially because of the anniversary, and partially as I've been watching Living in the Material World. He's also been growing on a lot me over the last few months, since I joined here. (George is very popular here, I've noticed.) I'm liking him very much as a musician, and a person. And I'm finding him way more good-looking, because of mith's influence I suspect. a-hard-days-night-paul-4a-hard-days-night-george-10

Wow, that was a long explanation for a simple change! a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

23 November 2011
2.32am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Sorry Seaglass, I saw your explanation for the change of avatar in the other thread a while after setting the question and by the time i was back you had responded. Thanks for the answer tho, and a fitting cause for the change.

Is it wrong to throw your laptop out of the window and then attack it with a hammer and pickaxe? It seems that the anti-virus software is the reason the laptop is freezinging as had taken 3 1/2 hours to do 70% of my computer (2hrs should be more than enough) and then froze, again. And now 30 minutes after last syncing music to my ipod there is now an error message appearing saying there is an unknown error and cannot sync. Even tho it will sync apps. blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

Its going in for a maintainence check tomorrow, which is why i was trying to sync music. Damn virus's and crappy Toshiba laptops.

A riveting thread, im sure you were all enthralled.

Sorry but ive been i'll for 6 days and its really late.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

23 November 2011
3.27am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2585sp_Permalink sp_Print

Don’t worry. I still read your posts happily (if only because you are Scottish and I love Scotland. One day I’ll visit… eventually.). Also, today marks maybe the saddest day of the 60’s, the day John F Kennedy was killed. And, I have a little rewrite here (Simon and Garcinkel’s So Long Frank Lloyd Wright):
So long, John F K
I can’t believe your work was gone so soon. 
I barely stopped sobbing at the news
The news
So bad

I’ll remember John F K
All of the nights we’d hope for better days 
I never cried so long
So long 
So long. 
CHORUS 
Leaders may come and 
Leaders may go and 
Never change your point of view. 
When I run dry 
I stop awhile and think of you 

So long, John F K
All of the nights we’d hope of better days
I never cried so long 
So long 
So long.

(I do admit to a fascination with the Kennedy’s. I swear it comes from my mother. Just like my great music taste.)

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

23 November 2011
9.12am
Vale
Neverland
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 137
2586sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-paul-6a-hard-days-night-paul-6 I don't know a lot about John K. but I hate that he was killed so young! I think he was a very good man, and a lot of his family were killed too, it's unfair. Again, I don't know a lot about him…Still, I think he would've been a really good president. Why do men kill people? And why the ones who are trying to help a city/country/world?… Anywayss…

I will miss Mith's posts! I'm new here, but most of them were funny! And she loves George, like me! a-hard-days-night-john-6…Anyways, good luck with your master's degree!

And meanmistermustard I hate when that happens, once I was trying to sync music and it deleted a lot of my songs… yeah my face went like this: blue-meanie. Anyways, I hope you get better soon a-hard-days-night-john-2

Random: I'm practically a new beatles fan, so I got my first beatles t-shirt a-hard-days-night-john-1 and a John Lennon one (I hope) and now I'm looking for George or Beatle vinyls, since my uncle has the original “All Things Must Pass ” vinyl from 1970 (Jelous) and “The Beatles. Second Album” The worst part is that he had many more but he threw them away blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie.

And today I saw a guy who had the same John Lennon glasses and the same nose. I froze and when he was gone I told my aunt and she said: “Oh you're trying to see him so badly…” And again my face went: blue-meanie.

P.S: I'm sorry for writing so much, I was away and needed to express myself… a-hard-days-night-john-2

Edit: I used waay to many “Anyways” …

This is la la la la love! – George Harrisonheart

Please! Tell me what you think! and I hope you won't  laugh haha.

http://soulandeyes.tumblr.com/

"Que en el planeta tanto ande mal; Que el hombre agreda al hombre, que el hombre agreda al animal, al vegetal."

23 November 2011
1.12pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members

Sun king, I like your rewrite. It’s quite moving actually.

My grandparents are obsessed with the Kennedy’s too, probably because they’re Irish Catholics.

vale, don’t apologize for writing a lot! It’s fine by me at least.

meanmistermustard, attacking it with a hammer and pickaxe, while no doubt satisfying, will just make the problem worse.a-hard-days-night-ringo-12 Computers…can’t live with ’em, can’t live without ’em.

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

24 November 2011
6.06am
yesterdaydreaming
North East England
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 52
2588sp_Permalink sp_Print

minime said:

Haha sorry I'm distracting! I thought that would happen, but to be honest, I am a quite hyper person. I was gonna change it now anyway. So ATTENTION EVERYONE I'm changing my avatar. Im new so you probably don't care but I'm just putting that out there.

***? "A Hard Day's Night" opening chord ?***

24 November 2011
11.50am
oneafter909
The station
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 401
2589sp_Permalink sp_Print

Akk. My Mac hasn’t been working for
A few days so now I have to use my iPhone to come on.

Step on the gas and wipe that tear away.

24 November 2011
10.43pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2590sp_Permalink sp_Print

Through the use of a 24 hour super-intense, depth probing, uber-deluxe, virus catching piece of software a trojan was found hidding on my laptop having deleted large parts of microsoft. Lovely. No computer for nearly 2 days but so worth it.

Thanks all for your comments.

Im still unwell tho. Day 8 now.

JFK could have been a very good President not just for the USA but the world, not that he was totally clean if the stories are true. But who knows the truth and what leaders of countries have ever been clean anyway. Probably Gordon Brown and what a success he was in the UK. I hate looking back at what happened to JFK plus what happened to Robert and other family members is just awful. And i hate how all those stupid conspiracy theories have been invented.

Oneafter909, i hope your mac gets working soon. Its a pain having no computer, but strangely a nice break getting away from it.

25 November 2011
12.18am
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1131
2591sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wel hi guys! i havent been on in like months. I was determined not to leave. You cant get rid of me that easily, kidding of course. How've youall been?

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

25 November 2011
12.59am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2592sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi Dear Prudence good to have you back. Have you travelled very far? This place gets inside you and makes you return.  You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

Ive been ill and still am and so has my laptop. But here has been fun and active. Which is always good.

Folks, an alert has been issued to itunes customers regarding an email thats being sent supposedly from itunes that informs them they have been awarded $50 in store credit to celebrate Black Friday and prompting the opening of an attachment to get the certificate number. Upon opening a malware virus is unleashed on the computer. Therefore bin the email and dont open the attachment.

The same type of scam has been set up targeting facebook users.

25 November 2011
6.19am
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2688

Hey everyone! Happy Thanksgiving! I know I haven’t been on in a while, but now the show’s over and I have free time to post again! And I can use lots of exclamation points! Yay!

EDIT: What? Sun king changed his avatar? I have been gone way too long.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

25 November 2011
12.14pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2594sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yes I did! I saw the picture and knew something was right. Welcome back, M3!! There seems a hole in the Forum when you aren’t here, a missing link. Well, I seems the link found its place once again.
In other news, I have to dress up as a priest for Drama class for the second time in 3 days. This thing will succeed brilliantly or fail spectacularly. I have a feeling it’ll be the latter.

25 November 2011
3.12pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2595sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Why are you dressing up as a priest???

Welcome back MMM and Prudence!

Prudence I don't know if you know but mith went and saw Ringo in concert, there's a thread about it somewhere around here.

The Phantom Tollbooth

25 November 2011
11.28pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2596sp_Permalink sp_Print

Stupid drama performance. It went okay, honestly. Could have been much worse. But, today was great. I had my weekly school trivia thing (and rocked it), and then went music shopping at the local store. I bought a few gifts, but the main gift I got was the blue vinyl 2011 reissue of You’re Gonna Get It, Tom Petty’s 1977 (I believe) album, to match the White vinyl self titled debut.

26 November 2011
6.16am
MotherNaturesDaughter
On the Hill with the Fool
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 537
2597sp_Permalink sp_Print

Hi guys! It's been a while hasn't it? Main reason I've been off is we've had some computer issues, but that's all fixed up now. Life was busy too but it's settled down slightly. (Well not really since musical auditions are in less than two weeks. Wizard of Oz FTW!) Nice to be back though. It's been quite a bit too long.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."- Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor of Doctor Who (Episode 1 Season 5: The Eleventh Hour)

26 November 2011
11.14am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2598sp_Permalink sp_Print

MND, Dear Prudence , MMrsM, all back on the site. If you listen closely people are fainting at the sight of their appearance.

Welcome back.

26 November 2011
11.19am
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 510
2599sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nice seeing you! Have an apple! (I’m eating on)missed you

26 November 2011
8.17pm
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 808
2600sp_Permalink sp_Print

Minecraft is my new favorite game, wanna know why? Her is why:

My Music Blog.
One and one don't make two
One and one make one.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: sir walter raleigh
Guest(s) 171
Currently Browsing this Page:
8 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5705, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22461, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5705