Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
18 November 2011
5.13pm
Tomorrow Never Knows
There's A Place
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 107
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2561sp_Permalink sp_Print

Does anyone know a good shipping university in United Kingdom ?

And In The End, The Love You Take….Is Equal to the Love……You Make

19 November 2011
3.52pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570

Well, my legs are killing me and I’m dead tired, but other than that yesterday was awesome. I got to try Bollywood-style and traditional African dances, and I finally got to sing in Leonard Bernstein’s Chicester Psalms, which is the most beautiful piece I’ve sung in six years of being in a chorus, straight through, as a performance. It was amazing.a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

19 November 2011
10.36pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090
2563sp_Permalink sp_Print

The one time there are 26(!) unread threads is the one time i am using my ipod to access the site.

More damn computer problems – now the damn thing keeps freezing for no apparent reason when it damn well chooses. No sign of virus's, doesnt just crash doing the same 1 thing (so no common thread for the reason why), no strange applications running in the background, no new applications/programmes running.  Its working just now.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

19 November 2011
11.29pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 510
2564sp_Permalink sp_Print

Glad it's working. I tried to use some bloody ipad earlier this day, but it wouldn't allow me to use to smileys. How terrible.

And I just realized Stu looks a lot like Audrey Hepburn

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

…Right?

20 November 2011
8.42am
yesterdaydreaming
North East England
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 52

This is totally random but does anybody have any good homemade Mexican food recipes? I know that mith is from mexico, so if you have any great authentic recipes please share them! I absolutely LOVE Mexican food, but always go out whenever I want it, and never make any at home. Any recipes would be greatly appreciated!

***? "A Hard Day's Night" opening chord ?***

20 November 2011
2.24pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605

Well just one question, do you speak Spanish?

Because here’s a fantastic website with some Mexican food homemade recipes. The thing is that Mexico is so large, that you can find a great variety of Mexican food, not only tacos. For instance, yesterday I ate bocoles in a small restaurant.

http://cocina-mexico.com/site/…..9;Itemid=2

BTW Guys just to let you know that I'm going through a lot of things in my real life, that I might honestly disappear for a while. It's nothing bad, I need to adapt myself to my new schedule and I have to truly dedicate a lot of time to my Master's Degree. And honestly, I need some time off. Not from you, just from all.

See ya guys, be nice.

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

20 November 2011
3.55pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members

minime said:

Glad it's working. I tried to use some bloody ipad earlier this day, but it wouldn't allow me to use to smileys. How terrible.

And I just realized Stu looks a lot like Audrey Hepburn

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

…Right?

Ohmigod yes! He does! (He also looks like a potential Abercrombie model IMO)

and mith…Good luck with your master's, work hard, be strong. I haven't been on here that long but I will still miss you.

heartapple01heart

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

20 November 2011
5.02pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 510
2568sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ohh, that will be sad. Hope you won’t disappear completely though, mith

20 November 2011
5.07pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090
2569sp_Permalink sp_Print

Does it annoy anyone else that people pass crap off as some incarnation of the beatles. Latest discovered offender is this which is obviously neither John, paul, george or ringo or pete at any point of their lives. We're not in 1973 where bootleggers are trying to flog poor quality recordings.

There is also a post of a demo of Eleanor Rigby out there. Excited you get. Until one listen tells you its a poorly done attempt of Pauls vocal off the commercial beatles version which someone has then dubbed on top a rubbish guitar part.blue-meanie

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

20 November 2011
5.11pm
mrs.McHennon
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 130
2570sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said:

Because here's a fantastic website with some Mexican food homemade recipes. The thing is that Mexico is so large, that you can find a great variety of Mexican food, not only tacos. For instance, yesterday I ate bocoles in a small restaurant.

BTW Guys just to let you know that I'm going through a lot of things in my real life, that I might honestly disappear for a while. It's nothing bad, I need to adapt myself to my new schedule and I have to truly dedicate a lot of time to my Master's Degree. And honestly, I need some time off. Not from you, just from all.

See ya guys, be nice.

I'm quite new here, so I don't know you, but still, you'll be missed. apple01

21 November 2011
5.33am
oneafter909
The station
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 401
2571sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aww, I'll miss you, Mith. Take care.

Step on the gas and wipe that tear away.

21 November 2011
6.01pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2572sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mith, to say we will all miss you is the understatement of the century, nay, since 1066.
In other news, my stomach is sick as hell. Ah, that’s s**t.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

21 November 2011
7.08pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2573sp_Permalink sp_Print

The understatement of 1066 being, “Don't worry, Harold, we'll win this battle, easy as pie! Saxons for the win!”

Oh, English history.a-hard-days-night-john-1

I'm sorry about your stomach.

Have you tried taking any sort of medication?

The Phantom Tollbooth

21 November 2011
7.45pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605

I won’t disappear.

The 3 main reasons I’m off the internet.

1. I have average of 200 pages to read and make reports in my master’s degree WEEKLY. I wish they were as simple as I Saw Her Standing There , but it’s like reading I Am The Walrus and interpreting that in a conceptual map. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

2. In my job they told me that the exam I was supposed to take next year to get a teacher’s certificate. They’re only 4 levels, and I have to get at least 3.

3. It’s George Harrison ‘s anniversary… and I just can’t stand it. I won’t hear any Beatles, any George this week. I’m discovering the joy of listening to Pink Floyd albums (a friend gave me a copy)

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

21 November 2011
8.19pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members

I’m sorry, mith. I think the anniversary is going to be rough on everyone this year. I remember how it was last year with John…the two dates being barely a week apart really doesn’t help matters. I’ve been missing George a lot lately too. I was trying to watch Living in the Material World in segments for the last couple weeks, but I had to stop after the stabbing, hearing Olivia talk about it was really chilling. I want to finish it, but I know it’ll all go downhill from there and I’m dreading that, especially around this time of year it might just be too upsetting.

I'm planning to light a candle for George at the Washington National Cathedral on the 29th itself.

The Phantom Tollbooth

21 November 2011
9.13pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2576sp_Permalink sp_Print

seaglass eyes sunny smile said:

I’m planning to light a candle for George at the Washington National Cathedral on the 29th itself.

What a great idea! I'll do the same at a nearby church.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

22 November 2011
1.55am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2577sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am taking a day of silence on November twenty-ninth for George. I was going to do it last year for John, but I forgot what day it was when I woke up. I just want to see if I can do it because it seems really hard, and my mom said she will let me stay home from school that day if I do it, so it’s cool!!!

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

22 November 2011
2.01am
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2578sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said:

seaglass eyes sunny smile said:

I'm planning to light a candle for George at the Washington National Cathedral on the 29th itself.

What a great idea! I’ll do the same at a nearby church.

Thanks, Zig. It's a very traditional memorial idea but it's a good one.

The Phantom Tollbooth

22 November 2011
4.17am
yesterdaydreaming
North East England
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 52
2579sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said:

Because here's a fantastic website with some Mexican food homemade recipes. The thing is that Mexico is so large, that you can find a great variety of Mexican food, not only tacos. For instance, yesterday I ate bocoles in a small restaurant.

See ya guys, be nice.

THANK YOU!!! (and good luck on your masters degree!) apple01 apple01 Im going to be on a cooking spree now! And as for speaking spanish, I personally do not speak it, but google chrome automatically translates it (it kinda does a crappy job) but I still get the main points. Also, my older sister has been taking spanish class for 6 years, so she is pretty fluent. 

P.S. If anyone else ever finds any great recipes, tell me! I absolutely LOOOVVE to cook.

***? "A Hard Day's Night" opening chord ?***

22 November 2011
7.05pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2580sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Your avatar makes me read everything you say in a really hyper, high-pitched voice.a-hard-days-night-paul-1

The Phantom Tollbooth

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: sir walter raleigh
Guest(s) 129
Currently Browsing this Page:
5 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5705, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22461, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5705