Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
14 November 2011
12.17am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2541sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ok guys.

I got a guitar thanks to a friend who was very kind enough to lend me his. It's an acoustic guitar.

The thing is I have no idea how to play the guitar so I want a very simple Beatles song to start with. Any recommendations?

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

14 November 2011
4.39am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1326

You want a song with open chords because barre chords will be tough to play for a while. I found this video on youtube of Hey Jude and the girl who shows you how to play it goes through each chord and also posts the chords on the youtube page. She's not very good…a-hard-days-night-paul-7, but when I first started playing I found it easier to watch videos of not that great of players because they were less intimidating. I would say just learn as many chords as you can, the G chord, C chord and D chord is a great place to start. Throw in an Aminor and maybe an Eminor and you could quite easily write a song by the end of the week!george-martin

feature=related

Happy playing. apple01 Also I would advise you not to play the A chord like she shows, rather than using your index, middle and ring fingers, try to use your middle, ring and pinkey. But that’s just personal preference, do whatever is most comfortable right now to build up the strength in your hand.

Edit: I'm sorry that was a bad video to show because how she is showing the chords is not right at all. Her E chord is not how you should play it. So here's a link to a basic guitar chord page, scroll down and find the A, E and G chords for the song and the proper way to hold these chords.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

14 November 2011
7.25pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090
2543sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotland Under 21's have beaten the Holland Under 21's 2 – 1 in Holland in our Euro 2013 Qualifying Group.

YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01apple01heartheartheartheartheartheartheart

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

15 November 2011
4.19am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

Thanks for your help!! Actually the friend who gave me the guitar told me to learn the chords first. So I’m going to practice this weekend that.

Beware of Darkness… 

15 November 2011
4.16pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2545sp_Permalink sp_Print

My laptop has been hit by a really nasty fake systems fix virus, the latest in fake defragmenters. It got past Kaspersky and exploded. All those notices about your system having serious critical errors and there being no room on the hard drives so your computer may collapse are really scarey when they first appear. Of course its a scam designed to get your credit card details.  

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

16 November 2011
1.58am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2546sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mith, look at this:

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

16 November 2011
11.53am
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2547sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said:

My laptop has been hit by a really nasty fake systems fix virus, the latest in fake defragmenters. It got past Kaspersky and exploded. All those notices about your system having serious critical errors and there being no room on the hard drives so your computer may collapse are really scarey when they first appear. Of course its a scam designed to get your credit card details.  

I got something like that about a year ago. Says you have a virus, but really the thing telling you about the virus is the virus if that makes any sense.

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

16 November 2011
4.45pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2548sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Yeah. A box appears that says your computer has 4 viruses and you have to buy specific virus software to be able to remove them. As always with the net the aim is to get your bank details. Took 8 1/2 hours to remove!

The Internet – the cause of, and solution to, computer viruses.

16 November 2011
10.17pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2549sp_Permalink sp_Print

Evil viruses. a-hard-days-night-ringo-14

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

17 November 2011
12.51am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2550sp_Permalink sp_Print

How weird is the film Airplane? A woman has just been on the screen sharing a bed with a horse, and not just its head!!!!

17 November 2011
3.39am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2551sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Very. But it's quite funny. brian-epstein

Beware of Darkness… 

17 November 2011
1.33pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2552sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said:

How weird is the film Airplane? A woman has just been on the screen sharing a bed with a horse, and not just its head!!!!

You had to mention that movie, didn't you? Now I won't be able to get it out of my head all day. Thanks. I really mean it – thanks!

*As the plane prepares to take off*
Old lady: Nervous?
Ted Striker: Yes.
Old lady: First time?
Ted Striker: No, I've been nervous lots of times.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

17 November 2011
2.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2553sp_Permalink sp_Print

My favourite scene is when Ted tells the old lady a long story about a past experience via a flashback and when it returns to the plane all you can see of the old lady is her dangling feet coming down from the plane ceiling.

17 November 2011
3.00pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Rumack: You’d better tell the Captain we’ve got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.
Elaine Dickinson: A hospital? What is it?
Rumack: It’s a big building with patients, but that’s not important right now.

Christ, I could do this all day – one of my all-time favorite flicks!.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

17 November 2011
7.04pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2555sp_Permalink sp_Print

I liked “A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum” if we're talking silly movies. Zero Mostel is amazing. We watched it in Latin class last year.

The Phantom Tollbooth

17 November 2011
7.21pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2556sp_Permalink sp_Print

The first Naked Guy was another really good funny movie with some inspired moments of comedy.

17 November 2011
8.00pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5530
2557sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said:

The first Naked Guy …

Hahaha, best typo evah!

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

17 November 2011
8.26pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2558sp_Permalink sp_Print

That was funny – have to assume he meant Naked Gun.paul-mccartney

17 November 2011
10.11pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2559sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, tomorrow is a seriously huge day for me…I'm missing school to go to an all-day dance festival, master classes etc. Then, I have piano lessons immediately after, and then I have a massive chorale concert until ten o'clock at night.a-hard-days-night-ringo-13

I guess I'll have to spend the entire weekend doing non-artistic mindless things,  to give my creativity a break.

The Phantom Tollbooth

17 November 2011
10.34pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ah the beauty of a typo. Tho im sure there was much amusement with the first naked guy too. Especially from the first naked girl. (I was going to mention the first naked beatle release being  two-virgins but it was Paul – naughty Paul naughty.)

Moving on.

Enjoy yourself Seaglass, sounds like you will be exhausted from all of that.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: sir walter raleigh
Guest(s) 128
Currently Browsing this Page:
4 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5705, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22461, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5705