Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
29 October 2011
8.48am
CranberrySauce
Sitting on a Corn Flake
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 397
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2441sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome to the Forum, Mrs. McCarrison! apple01 (An apple for you, as a welcome gift)

Because the wind is high, it blows my mind.
29 October 2011
9.14pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605
2442sp_Permalink sp_Print

Welcome!! apple01

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

29 October 2011
10.32pm
seaglass eyes sunny smile
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 570
2443sp_Permalink sp_Print

This video is amazing. A crying baby soothed by Here Comes The Sun .

feature=player_embedded

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"What happens to them?" insisted Milo.

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

30 October 2011
1.59am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2444sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just got a new avatar. Mith, I think you've finally converted me to George. And anyways, I love the pose George has here.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

30 October 2011
2.17am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Heh I’ve done my work.  and actually you shouldn't regret it George is just awesome! a-hard-days-night-john-1

Now that baby.. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW IT’S AWESOME!!!!

Beware of Darkness… 

30 October 2011
5.50am
yesterdaydreaming
North East England
The Kaiserkeller
Members
Forum Posts: 52
2446sp_Permalink sp_Print

That baby= Genius 

***? "A Hard Day's Night" opening chord ?***

30 October 2011
10.31am
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 510
2447sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sun King , your new avatar is awesome. He looks really cute. Although he looks more like Dhani to mea-hard-days-night-ringo-14 Because I have always thought that George is “handsome” and Dhani is “cute”. That picture proves otherwise

30 October 2011
12.39pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2448sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like your avatar, Sun King , it's one of my all-time favorite George pictures.

And yeah, guys, when I saw that clip with the baby I was like a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-john-3a-hard-days-night-john-3MUST POST!!!

The bit where she's just lying there sucking her thumb and sort of purring while she

listens to him sing….so cute.

"Now and then, though, someone does begin to grow differently. Instead of down, his feet grow up toward the sky. But we do our best to discourage awkward things like that."

"Oddly enough, they often grow ten times the size of everyone else," said Alec thoughtfully, "and I’ve heard that they walk among the stars."

The Phantom Tollbooth

30 October 2011
1.16pm
oneafter909
The station
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 401
2449sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said:

oneafter909 said:

Oh, goodness guys. I have a mild case of scoliosis. My spine is curving at 10 degrees. still not that bad, but I'll have to undergo treatment for the next three months…

Oh my good luck on that! Please let us know how the treatment is coming along. apple01

Thanks Mith a-hard-days-night-ringo-9 You make me feel better… I'm going to start on Tuesday. It's painful, but worth it, I guess.

seaglass eyes sunny smile said:

oneafter909 said:

Oh, goodness guys. I have a mild case of scoliosis. My spine is curving at 10 degrees. still not that bad, but I'll have to undergo treatment for the next three months…

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I have scoliosis too, and it's not fun. I hate to sound all I-have-suffered-so-much-more-than-you, but you're very lucky. The treatment should be pretty easy, your curve is relatively small. I got diagnosed when I was seven, curvature of 22. It eventually went up to about 30, which isn't bad enough for surgery, but I had to wear a back brace for a bit more than a year and do a lot of physical therapy, plus get X-rays every six months for the last few years. I got the brace off this summer, and my curve's now about 8 degrees. Even what I had still qualifies as “moderate curvature” though, it could be much, much worse for either of us. What type of treatment are you doing? Bracing like me, or something else? I hope it helps that you now know someone who had to go through the same thing. It's really annoying, but in the end you're better off. Keep your chin up! (I feel like such a weird old British lady saying that)

heartheartheart

Thank you Seaglass! It's nice to know that I'm not alone, and I do hope you get better too! Scoliosis is no fun. I think I'll have to go for about 36 sessions of treatment, and my dad is trying to cram it so that it will be over before Christmas instead of it stretching all the way to January next year. I'm going to this place called 'CLEAR Institute' that avoids braces and surgery. The method's a little odd, like wearing weights on your chin and holding it up for something like eight minutes, but it's effective. Ta for the encouragement heartheart Hope you get completely well too! apple01

Step on the gas and wipe that tear away.

30 October 2011
3.05pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2450sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8The method you're using sounds a bit like my therapy place, I had to do all this weird stuff like hanging from a wooden bar and “swinging like a pendulum.” I really hope it works, and I'm glad you don't have to brace, that was REALLY annoying for me. Actually, weirdly enough, when I finally got the darn thing off and my mom and I were driving away from the hospital, Imagine starting playing on the radio, which was a sort of Beatles cosmic moment I guess. I'm glad knowing you're not alone, as you said, is helping. Now we're both members of a minority population group, Beatle-fanatics-with-scoliosis!

The Phantom Tollbooth

30 October 2011
3.24pm
oneafter909
The station
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
2451sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Yeah, but it's good to know that your degree went down. The method probably works, I think. I'm glad I don't have to wear braces as well, it looks uncomfortable, but I'm happy you've got that off. Beatle-fanatics-with-scoliosis? I hope not for long, though! 

30 October 2011
5.29pm
minime
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 510
2452sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck with your treatment, oneafter909.

I have minor scoliosis too, but I have never had to undergo any special treatment. My knees look messed up because of it, but it doesn't bother me

30 October 2011
7.46pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2453sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Yeah, my waist dips in slightly more on one side than the other. It's not really obvious, though, unless you're a self-conscious 14-year-old, i.e. moi.

The Phantom Tollbooth

30 October 2011
8.02pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090
2454sp_Permalink sp_Print

British Summer Time is over for another year, replaced by earlier darkness. The cold is  to come meaning gloves, hat, scarf and everything else to stave off the cold when watching the football and walking in the freezing pouring rain.heart

Ah how I love Scotland.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 October 2011
9.03pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2455sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Winter. a-hard-days-night-paul-3a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Beware of Darkness… 

30 October 2011
9.09pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2456sp_Permalink sp_Print

It probably never goes below 60F, does it? I have to put up with -20 C for 4 months up here.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

30 October 2011
9.11pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090
2457sp_Permalink sp_Print

Twice every year i get ill from the changing climate due to going from the freezing cold outdoors to buses and shops which are blasting the heat out. So much fun.

Why do pet dogs have the ability to look at you until you feel so guilty they get your dinner?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

30 October 2011
9.14pm
The Kingdom of Marigold
Carnegie Hall
Members
2458sp_Permalink sp_Print

Evolution.

The Phantom Tollbooth

31 October 2011
4.12am
oneafter909
The station
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
2459sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks, minime. Good luck for your scoliosis too. 

The left side of my ribs do stick out a bit more than my right does, but it's not so obvious. 

31 October 2011
7.04am
CranberrySauce
Sitting on a Corn Flake
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 397
2460sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Beatles-fans-with-Scoliosis group appears to be growing, as I have it as well.

I had to wear a brace for about 6 mod a few years back, but other than that my only treatment has been going to see a doctor every 6 mod (my curvature has remained stable). Visually, the I don't think it shows… however, my Mom thinks my left shoulder is a little lower than my right. I don't see it, however, and if I don't then it's probably just her being worried.

Here's to hoping we all get better. 

Because the wind is high, it blows my mind.
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: sir walter raleigh
Guest(s) 122
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5705, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22461, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5705