Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The "Incredibly Impossible to Derail This Thread" thread
2 August 2011
5.48pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4605
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2101sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good luck!

Hey guys if you don't see me posting a lot (I might come here to check everything's fine) around it's because my vacations are over, and I'll be very busy. Have fun!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

2 August 2011
6.10pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2102sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Missing you already.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 August 2011
9.23pm
MotherNaturesDaughter
On the Hill with the Fool
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 537
2103sp_Permalink sp_Print

MMM from the pattern I've noticed the new question should come out between 6-6:30 in the morning EST. So if that helps you any, go for hit. And have a calculator, the book wiki and the book itself handy. A

And I feel your pain Mith. I go back to school two weeks from tomorrow, the earliest in our entire area.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."- Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor of Doctor Who (Episode 1 Season 5: The Eleventh Hour)

3 August 2011
2.21pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6394
2104sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay, I am sitting in New York City, with news you will not believe. On top of being at Time Square yesterday, at the New York HardRock Cafe (shameless plug), I saw the bass guitar, used and signed, of one Paul McCartney . Hofner, awesome. I have the picture on my camera. I saw a ballgame here, I went to Staten Island, and I also saw the drums of one Richard Starkey Jr. in the HR Cafe.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

3 August 2011
3.21pm
Dear Prudence
Coming down fast but miles above you.
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1131

Ok yesterday i went to denver colorado. i went to a record store. The had almost everybody imaginabe, but I think you know what I was looking for. I wanted to look for photograph:best of ringo starr. I looked under ringo, richard, starr, and starkey, and found NOTHING. but for some reason they had Johns, pauls, And Georges solo work. tHEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE HIS NAME ON THE LITTLE PLASTIC CARDS!!!

edit: sorry of the no capitalization of proper nouns, the shifts dont work unless you press reallly really hard.

Dear Prudence

Giving you quality -Facepalms- , since August 7, 2010.

3 August 2011
3.41pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2106sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dear Prudence said:

Ok yesterday i went to denver colorado. i went to a record store. The had almost everybody imaginabe, but I think you know what I was looking for. I wanted to look for photograph:best of ringo starr. I looked under ringo, richard, starr, and starkey, and found NOTHING. but for some reason they had Johns, pauls, And Georges solo work. tHEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE HIS NAME ON THE LITTLE PLASTIC CARDS!!! 

I feel your pain D-Pru. I had to order mine from Amazon. I love it. As a matter of fact, It's queued up in my iPod now and I will be listening to it throughout the day today.

a-hard-days-night-ringo-11

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

3 August 2011
6.44pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2688
2107sp_Permalink sp_Print

MotherNaturesDaughter said:

MMM from the pattern I've noticed the new question should come out between 6-6:30 in the morning EST. So if that helps you any, go for hit. And have a calculator, the book wiki and the book itself handy. 

Grr. That's like 4 to 4:30 in the morning for me. 

mr. Sun king coming together said:

Okay, I am sitting in New York City, with news you will not believe. On top of being at Time Square yesterday, at the New York HardRock Cafe (shameless plug), I saw the bass guitar, used and signed, of one Paul McCartney . Hofner, awesome. I have the picture on my camera. I saw a ballgame here, I went to Staten Island, and I also saw the drums of one Richard Starkey Jr. in the HR Cafe.

Words cannot express how I feel.

blue-meanie smileys, however, can. 

blue-meanieblue-meanieblue-meanie

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

3 August 2011
7.51pm
JET!
Rockin' in two by two
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 497
2108sp_Permalink sp_Print

I enjoy hearing about everyone's trips. Since I don't have time to travel right now, I can travel vicariously through you guys.

Gotta love those hard rock cafes, eh Mr. S?

The sunshine bores the daylights outta me

3 August 2011
9.20pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2109sp_Permalink sp_Print

More news. I just returned to my hotel with McCartney, Wings At The Speed Of Sound and Cloud Nine on vinyl under my arm. And I just did the Dakota and Strawberry Fields. Pictures on Saturday.

4 August 2011
4.14am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members

The great NFL player Bubba Smith passed away. He became an actor and he was a sweet and yet badass figure in many TV shows and movies in the 80s. My favorite was the spinoff Blue Thunder.

God bless you Bubba. You never won an acting award, but sure damn you were one of the greatest. a-hard-days-night-paul-3

Beware of Darkness… 

4 August 2011
4.17am
StarWisher
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1144

mr. Sun king coming together said:

More news. I just returned to my hotel with McCartney. Yadda yadda yadda…blah blah… a-hard-days-night-ringo-6Wings At The Speed Of Sound and Cloud Nine on vinyl under my arm. And I just did the Dakota and Strawberry Fields. Pictures on Saturday.

This is how I initially read your sentence. 🙂 How is NY treating you?

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss

8 August 2011
12.29pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Okay, I’m back in Ottawa. Well, I actually got back on Friday, but the server distracted me. I had a blast in New York. I walked away from there with a New York Yankees cap, a new watch, and three solo records, alongside millions of memories. I walked Time Square, strolled down Broadway. I saw a play, A Perfect Crime, and walked the Empire State Building. I saw a New York Mets game, and took the Staten Island ferry past The Statue of Liberty. I went into the original Macy’s, and walked on the street that will forever mean Christmas Eve, 34 Street**. I walked through Little Italy and Chinatown, and went to the Metropolitian Museum of Art. And I haven’t even mentioned the Hard Rock Cafe, Strawberry Fields, Central Park or the Dakota. Being at Strawberry Filed is, in a word, surreal. Same with the Dakota. Surreal. And the Hard Rock Cafe? Anything with a signed bass of Paul’s and a set of Ringo’s drums are good by me. After we left the City, we went to Cooperstown, home of the Baseball Hall of Fame. I loved it. It was informative, awesome, oldschool. My kind of place. And after we left the Hall of Fame, I bought a Montreal Expos cap. They may not exist in the MLB today, but they have a spot in my heart that is forever their’s. Because , after all, je suis une Montréalaise de coeur.****

**There was a tradition where all my family would, on New Years Eve, always watch Miracle on 34th Street. A classic Christmas movie, I highly love it.
****The French means, “I am a Montrealer at heart.”

8 August 2011
12.33pm
kelicopter
Sitting in an English Garden
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1253
2113sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 That just sounds incredible!

I think it's great you're going through a phase,

and I'm awfully glad it'll all be over in a couple

of days

funniestpost-3.png 2020

8 August 2011
1.40pm
sarah machinella
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 866
2114sp_Permalink sp_Print

Man, that sounds awesome. I am completely jelly. I'd love to visit New York (the US is third on my list, after Japan and Europe a-hard-days-night-john-6).

Do any of you guys have Tumblr? This is mine. Follow me, and I'll follow back.

http://standinginthelight-fiel…..umblr.com/

If any of you get the reference, I'll love you forever. a-hard-days-night-george-4

8 August 2011
2.12pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2115sp_Permalink sp_Print

I get the reference. God help me, but I get it. I don’t have Tumblur (I originally wrote Twitter), but I’d follow you if I had it. Oh, and guys, the trip was awesome. The 16 hours driving there and back? Not so much. Oh, and Paulrus, Canada 1 – Australia 0. Just kidding. Make sure you swing by Canada on your American jaunt in later years. And, last but not least, I put out a story last night. Check it out (and comment – I need to know).

8 August 2011
2.26pm
sarah machinella
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 866
2116sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ah, good work!
Yeah, I hate long drives. 16 hours, though? Yeesh. I thought the 3 or so hours on the bus to school camps were bad enough…
Pretty sure Australia is better. a-hard-days-night-george-4I do enjoy your hats, though. Trapper hats are awesome (are they actually even Canadian?). 

I will! I've always wanted to go to Canada as well. My dad used to live there, actually. He says it was really nice.

Shall do! a-hard-days-night-john-6

8 August 2011
2.35pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2117sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, 8 hours there, 4 from NYC to Cooperstown, 4 from Cooperstown to here. I may be alone, but my hometown isn’t even my favourite city in Canada. Montreal is. There’s just something about that city. Maybe it’s the family connection, maybe the francophone way of life, or something else. Damn you, PQ.

8 August 2011
7.31pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members

Image Enlarger

And, as promised, pictures. Paul’s bass, Ringo’s drums, The Dakota and Strawberry Fields.

Image Enlarger

Edit: Strawberry Fields and the Dakota aren't showing. Follow the links instead.

9 August 2011
3.44am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
2119sp_Permalink sp_Print

Awesome!! What did you feel in Strawberry Fields?

Beware of Darkness… 

9 August 2011
9.55am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5706
2120sp_Permalink sp_Print

Wow, fabulous. You're lucky. Went I went to NYC I didn't manage to see the Dakota or Strawberry Fields. I didn't know those items were in the HRC either. Next time…

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 215
Currently Browsing this Page:
6 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5543
Newest Members:
Cergyon, Moisturefarmer, flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25093, Ahhh Girl: 22468, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706