Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread
15 October 2016
12.07pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3721sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you put people on your buddy list, or set them as an adversary, would they know?

Also, I feel like the whole adversary thing is such a negative thing to have on this forum. If you don’t like somebody’s posts you should have to learn to suffer through their posts, and maybe with time the suffering will decrease. 

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

15 October 2016
12.17pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3722sp_Permalink sp_Print

If you put people on your buddy list, or set them as an adversary, would they know?

No, I’ve tested this by having my alt set me as adversary and I didn’t get a notification.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Little Piggy Dragonguy

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

15 October 2016
12.21pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3723sp_Permalink sp_Print

Why do you have an alt?

15 October 2016
12.24pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3724sp_Permalink sp_Print

For emergencies and to test forum stuff

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

15 October 2016
5.32pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3725sp_Permalink sp_Print

Here’s a weird one I thought of yesterday when pondering the whole forum-members-dying-thing:

If Joe spontaneously disappeared without a trace at this very moment, what do you think would happen to the Beatles Bible? a-hard-days-night-ringo-7

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

15 October 2016
5.43pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members

Ok, first Ellie would log on, she would post about Joe missing, then if he doesn’t come back in a few days, She’ll lock user sign ups to the forum and create a massive poll with every single user on there to decided who will be the next co-owner of the Beatles bible. Many users show up to vote and some make passion please to become the new co-owner. In the end ewe2 would win the polls with his campaign of “I stand for everyone cause I’m everyone and also penguins”. ewe2 would then as his first act as admin, replace meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl and Zig as mods with trcamberra and HongKongLady and convert everyone into Australians.

Also I’m sure your post would be under heavy investigation by the police.

WeepingAtlasCedars, Little Piggy Dragonguy, William Shears Campbell, Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, ewe2, pepperland

16 October 2016
11.22am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22466
3727sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Joe said here in 2010

She’s got the keys to the site in case I meet a sticky end. You never know.

I’m glad Ellie knows the secret code.

Starr Shine? said

Ok, first Ellie would log on, she would post about Joe missing, then if he doesn’t come back in a few days, She’ll lock user sign ups to the forum and create a massive poll with every single user on there to decided who will be the next co-owner of the Beatles bible. Many users show up to vote and some make passion please to become the new co-owner. In the end ewe2 would win the polls with his campaign of “I stand for everyone cause I’m everyone and also penguins”. ewe2 would then as his first act as admin, replace meanmistermustard, Ahhh Girl and Zig as mods with trcamberra and HongKongLady and convert everyone into Australians.

Also I’m sure your post would be under heavy investigation by the police.  

LOL. @ewe2 would make mates out of all of us.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, ewe2
16 October 2016
10.13pm
WeepingAtlasCedars
Gelzelha, The Void
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2699
3728sp_Permalink sp_Print

As we’ve been on quite a roll with the topic of guitars today: a-hard-days-night-george-10

@Beatlebug , what guitars do you own? a-hard-days-night-paul-10

All I’ve got is terrible little acoustic (you all know InTune a-hard-days-night-john-3), but it works for now. And, since I take guitar classes as an option at school, I’ve got another temporary one; another acoustic. They’re numbered (as to know which is which and to assign them easily, etc.), and mine is called 9. a-hard-days-night-john-6

Oh, and anyone else who hasn’t already given an answer in the Derail thread can reply too! paul-mccartney-thumb_gif

The following people thank WeepingAtlasCedars for this post:

Beatlebug

"WeepyC came into the fray as the premier Jimmy Page fan, and will remain." - sir walter raleigh

2016 & 2017: Username-Badge.png

2020: Creative-Contribution-2020.pngFunniest-Post-2020.pngMost-Likely-to-Cheer-Somebody-Up-in-a-Bad-Mood-2020.png

16 October 2016
10.22pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5825
3729sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve got a Martin OM and a light blue mexican telecaster. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, Beatlebug

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

17 October 2016
3.10am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 3029
3730sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said

LOL I like my mods as they are, they just need to learn the Aussie penguin lingo. gdayowyagoinavagoodonemate stuart-sutcliffe

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

17 October 2016
7.01am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3731sp_Permalink sp_Print

Some steel string acoustic that needs new strings.

WeepingAtlasCedars

17 October 2016
9.58am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18214
3732sp_Permalink sp_Print

@WeepingAtlasCedars said
As we’ve been on quite a roll with the topic of guitars today: a-hard-days-night-george-10

Guitary Girl , what guitars do you own? a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Precisely one, a beautiful Martin D15m named, unimaginatively enough, Martin. a-hard-days-night-paul-10 (I’m usually much more creative with names, but the guitar just felt like a Martin.) I believe I’ve mentioned it on the forums before. 

It looks about like this:

SG-Martin.jpgImage Enlarger

only more beat-up, cos it was well loved before it was mine and I am not as gentle with it as I should be. ahdn_george_06

I hope to acquire a Fender Stratocaster soon. I’ve a few ideas of what to name it, but I’ll have to get to know it first, of course. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

I also don’t have a ukulele named Keoki (but I will! Someday). 

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

ewe2, WeepingAtlasCedars

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

17 October 2016
10.56am
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members

WeepingAtlasCedars said

What guitars do you own? a-hard-days-night-paul-10

I have:

3 ukuleles: 2 soprano, 1 concert. They’re all Kalas. I want a Pono but they’re not cheap. They are called Suzy (Kala soprano), Cedric (Kala concert) and the other one is a ukadelic called Jam.

1 steel string dreadnought. It’s a weird Chinese thing that is way too big for me to play properly, so I want to replace it at some point with something smaller. It doesn’t have a name because it has no personality.

4 bass guitars but only 2 of them are in working condition, the other 2 need magic and $$$ to fix. My pride and joy is my G&L Tribute SB-2, but I do love my Washburn XB125 5-string, its pretty amazing too. The other two are a cheapish fretless with broken electrics that I’ve not gotten around to resoldering and an old Riverhead headless bass that is a wooden version of the Steinberger shape, which used to be my gigging bass; it needs a total refit, but is rare enough now to be somewhat valuable so its waiting for the lottery. All my basses are Misters, after their colour, so my two working basses are Mr White and Mr Black (sb-2 and washburn).

I’m saving for a G&L Fallout guitar I hope to get in the new year. Depending on the colour I think it’ll be a she.

Then begins the pedal acquisition syndrome, if the continuing ukulele acquisition syndrome doesn’t win first.

If I may ask a question, I’m a bit of a computer history buff and I love old hardware. What’s the oldest computer you’ve ever owned? I’ve had an XT at one time, but most of my oldies come from the mid 90’s (alpha server and an SGI O2).

The following people thank ewe2 for this post:

Beatlebug, WeepingAtlasCedars

I'm like Necko only I'm a bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin and also everyone. Or is everyone me? Now I'm a confused bassist ukulele guitar synthesizer kazoo penguin everyone who is definitely not @Joe.  This has been true for 2016 & 2017 Sig-Badge.png but I may have to get more specific in the future.

aus-flag-v-small.png

17 October 2016
1.39pm
sir walter raleigh
In our yellow (IN OUR YELLOW) submarine (SUBMARINE AHA!)
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5825
3734sp_Permalink sp_Print

I forgot to mention my Gibson mandolin from the 1910s, back when the brand was “The Gibson.” I’m sure it is quite valuable. There is also a newer mandolin, as well as a banjo and a ukelele. 

The following people thank sir walter raleigh for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars

"The pump don't work cause the vandals took the handles!"

-Bob Dylan, Subterranean Homesick Blues

"We could ride and surf together while our love would grow"

-Brian Wilson, Surfer Girl

17 October 2016
2.04pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
3735sp_Permalink sp_Print

Are banjos and a ukeleles guitars?

17 October 2016
2.30pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
3736sp_Permalink sp_Print

The guitar discussion reminds me that I’ve been meaning to post this for anyone interested. In Andy Babiuk’s Beatles Gear… , he mentions an app available that showcases all of George’s guitars. One of the features is an interactive 360 degree view of each.  

https://itunes.apple.com/us/ap…..05381?mt=8

I do not have the app and can’t vouch for it but it is getting good reviews. It seems it is only available for iPhone and iPad and the cost is $2.99 (USD).

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

17 October 2016
2.33pm
Shamrock Womlbs
Waiting for the van to come
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4020

Starr Shine? said

Nope. They are from the same family. But ukes are ukes and banjos are banjos and guitars are guitars. Same way ase Beatles are Beatles and Rolling Stones ar Rolling Stones ; )

The following people thank Shamrock Womlbs for this post:

Beatlebug

"I Need You by George Harrison"

17 October 2016
3.47pm
AppleScruffJunior
Sitting here doing nothing but procrastinating...
Apple rooftop
Reviewers

Members
Forum Posts: 7585
3738sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shamrock Womlbs said

Starr Shine? said

Nope. They are from the same family. But ukes are ukes and banjos are banjos and guitars are guitars. Same way ase Beatles are Beatles and Rolling Stones ar Rolling Stones ; )  

To be controversial you should have said:

Same way Beatles are Beatles and Rolling Stones are s**t 😉 

WeepingAtlasCedars said

what guitars do you own? a-hard-days-night-paul-10

I have a ridiculously crappy Yamaha which refuses to stay in tune but I can play basic stuff on it like Yellow Submarine , Love Me Do and my party trick Wonderwall.

I have another less crappy but still cheap ukulele called Maxwell, who I can play better songs on than the guitar but I still wouldn’t call myself good at the uke, need more practice, need more time *plays Free Fallin’*

The following people thank AppleScruffJunior for this post:

WeepingAtlasCedars, ewe2, Beatlebug

INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!

Make Love, Not Wardrobes!

"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison

17 October 2016
6.22pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3739sp_Permalink sp_Print

Shamrock Womlbs said

Starr Shine? said

Yeah but The Beatles and The Stones fall into the same category which would be called has to the known as a BAND. Is there a more specific category than INSTRUMENT or STRING INSTRUMENT (because that doesn’t sound very fancy) that guitars, ukuleles, and banjos all fall into?

17 October 2016
8.00pm
ewe2
Inside the beat
Rishikesh
Members
3740sp_Permalink sp_Print

Little Piggy Dragonguy said

Yeah but The Beatles and The Stones fall into the same category which would be called has to the known as a BAND. Is there a more specific category than INSTRUMENT or STRING INSTRUMENT (because that doesn’t sound very fancy) that guitars, ukuleles, and banjos all fall into?  

There’s an amazing thing called wikipedia on the internet, you should try it a-hard-days-night-george-9

aus-flag-v-small.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: Jolly Jimmy, Heath
Guest(s) 496
Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2876
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
Moisturefarmer, flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25091, Ahhh Girl: 22466, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706