Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread
10 March 2016
3.06pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2941sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

trcanberra said

Annadog40 said

unknown said
I was just thinking about it, Necko, and we all already have eternal life! When you die in this world, you go and live in heaven or purgatory. This isn’t all that living is. Life goes on. This is just the palpable life that we live before life in eternity.

This would be something I would change if I was god.

1. I wouldn’t mess with free will so wars and senseless deaths will remain. I like the idea of free will and believe that people have the right to choice.

2. I would reveal myself to the world and in terms of death, I would make it so that all religions would be correct so that people who work to obtain their various religious desires will be successful and people who don’t subscribe to religion won’t be tied down to them. So only people who believe that they have eternal life would have it.

3. I would change the definition of a day to mean forever so I would remain god

4. change my username to 04godannA 😛

I might create polls for various choices of things like teraforming a planet or the moon, removing female’s periods, making all food have the nutritional value that you need at the time, and allow people to decided what they want.

So the senseless deaths of innocent women and children who are hit by bombs because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time are okay?
Hm – another ‘god’ I won’t be voting for.

That is the price of free will, the freedom to kill. I don’t feel the need to impose my will upon people, People should figure things out for themselves and not rely on me to fix their problems.

Plus innocent men are bombed also, I won’t be prejudges towards one gender or age so I treat everyone the same.

The freedom to kill is one thing; the “freedom” to be randomly killed through no fault of your own quite another.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

10 March 2016
3.10pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2942sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Annadog40 said

trcanberra said

Annadog40 said

unknown said
I was just thinking about it, Necko, and we all already have eternal life! When you die in this world, you go and live in heaven or purgatory. This isn’t all that living is. Life goes on. This is just the palpable life that we live before life in eternity.

1. I wouldn’t mess with free will so wars and senseless deaths will remain. I like the idea of free will and believe that people have the right to choice.

2. I would reveal myself to the world and in terms of death, I would make it so that all religions would be correct so that people who work to obtain their various religious desires will be successful and people who don’t subscribe to religion won’t be tied down to them. So only people who believe that they have eternal life would have it.

I might create polls for various choices of things like teraforming a planet or the moon, removing female’s periods, making all food have the nutritional value that you need at the time, and allow people to decided what they want.

So the senseless deaths of innocent women and children who are hit by bombs because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time are okay?

That is the price of free will, the freedom to kill. I don’t feel the need to impose my will upon people, People should figure things out for themselves and not rely on me to fix their problems.

Plus innocent men are bombed also, I won’t be prejudges towards one gender or age so I treat everyone the same.

The freedom to kill is one thing; the “freedom” to be randomly killed through no fault of your own quite another.

Are you trying to say that God was wrong to give us free will?

Yeah, it’s wrong that innocent beings are murdered, but it literally happens every day, and most humans actually encourage and support that.  

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

10 March 2016
3.14pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2943sp_Permalink sp_Print

That happens with freedom, the freedom to bomb an area regardless of who is there.

Killings aren’t always at fault and fault can be subjective in peoples minds,

An example of diffent faults would be: giving someone a funny look for some people makes their death their fault in the mind of a person who killed them for that, stealing an apple can be cause for death for some people. Though I and others dissagre with their interpretation of fault they are still interpretations. 

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

10 March 2016
3.16pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2944sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

trcanberra said

Annadog40 said

trcanberra said

Annadog40 said

unknown said

Are you trying to say that God was wrong to give us free will?

Yeah, it’s wrong that innocent beings are murdered, but it literally happens every day, and most humans actually encourage and support that.  

No – I’m saying that if God gave us free will he should also give innocent people the gift of protection from insane people exercising it to try and kill innocents.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

10 March 2016
3.17pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2945sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
That happens with freedom, the freedom to bomb an area regardless of who is there.

An example of diffent faults would be: giving someone a funny look for some people makes their death their fault in the mind of a person who killed them for that, stealing an apple can be cause for death for some people. Though I and others dissagre with their interpretation of fault they are still interpretations. 

Yes indeed – and so God should step in and protect the folks who don’t want to die – unless he is some sort of sick twisted psycho who doesn’t give a rats.

Which, by the way, I think god is if one exists.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

pepperland

10 March 2016
3.24pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2946sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Yes indeed – and so God should step in and protect the folks who don’t want to die – unless he is some sort of sick twisted psycho who doesn’t give a rats.

For some religions, It could be argued that god does save them, though god transports them to another world called heaven.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

10 March 2016
3.31pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2947sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

trcanberra said

For some religions, It could be argued that god does save them, though god transports them to another world called heaven.

And some people would argue that those “innocent” people are not innocent as they are sinners

10 March 2016
3.35pm
pepperland
vanished in the haze (England)
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 749

If that’s true, then wow, God sucks.

I thought he was supposed to be benevolent?

The following people thank pepperland for this post:

trcanberra

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

10 March 2016
3.44pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2949sp_Permalink sp_Print

pepperland said

That’s why the afterlife exists in some of the popular religions , this is just a test, like Earth would be school and the afterlife is adulthood. If you do good in school, you get to have success in adulthood, if you are bad then your adult life would be terrible.

10 March 2016
3.56pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18214
2950sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

Annadog40 said

trcanberra said

And some people would argue that those “innocent” people are not innocent as they are sinners

Everyone has the potential for both innocence and sin.  

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

10 March 2016
4.00pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2951sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

So everyone should go to hell or their religious equivalent?

10 March 2016
4.05pm
pepperland
vanished in the haze (England)
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 749
2952sp_Permalink sp_Print

Silly Girl said

Babies, too? What have they done wrong? (apart from wetting themselves and being a general aggravation)

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

10 March 2016
4.21pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members

Annadog40 said

unknown said

So everyone should go to hell or their religious equivalent?

Not everyone has an equivalent to hell. Some people believe in purgatory which is where you go before you can go to heaven, and you need to be prayed for to get out. 

pepperland said

Silly Girl said

Babies, too? What have they done wrong? (apart from wetting themselves and being a general aggravation)

Sin comes with knowledge, so babes are sinless. 

10 March 2016
6.48pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090

trcanberra said

Annadog40 said

So at what point does God  step in? Is it just with wars or does that apply also to car accidents, illness etc? It cannot be that we all have free will yet at certain points expect God to turn up and stop the bad stuff happening, however that may be. 

Annadog40 said

pepperland said

That’s why the afterlife exists in some of the popular religions , this is just a test, like Earth would be school and the afterlife is adulthood. If you do good in school, you get to have success in adulthood, if you are bad then your adult life would be terrible.

Who decides what is good – and bad? One person may believe just passing the exam is good, another that anything less than top marks and a shiny sticker is a massive fail.

So if you fail in school your life is basically over as its destined to awful? That seems hardly fair and offers no hope for improvement.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

10 March 2016
6.53pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2955sp_Permalink sp_Print

That is where non required school kicks in so that if people go their until they are able to live out a successful life (or afterlife)

And in this situation god would be the decider.

15 March 2016
11.40am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2956sp_Permalink sp_Print

What if you woke up and insted of being in your bed, you woke up in 1958 as a teenager enrolled at the same Highschool as Paul and George?

15 March 2016
11.55am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
2957sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said
What if you woke up and insted of being in your bed, you woke up in 1958 as a teenager enrolled at the same Highschool as Paul and George?

Would I still remember the future? If so, could I change the past to change the outcome of the future? Also, am I allowed to pretend I’m a fortune teller and inform them that they’ll be famous and make an album called Please Please Me ?

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

15 March 2016
12.08pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2958sp_Permalink sp_Print

Evangeline said
Would I still remember the future?

Yes

If so, could I change the past to change the outcome of the future?

Yes

Also, am I allowed to pretend I’m a fortune teller and inform them that they’ll be famous and make an album called Please Please Me ?

Yes

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Evangeline

15 March 2016
3.34pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2959sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

I’d quickly travel to the US, knock off Jack Kilby of Texas Instruments and Robert Noyce of Fairchild Semiconductors and submit MY invention of the microchip. Immediately after that, I’d knock off the inventor of the Hula Hoop and submit MY invention to Wham-O.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

15 March 2016
3.40pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2960sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

Annadog40 said

trcanberra said

They would – I have seen St Augustine argue that in the most boring book I ever (partly) read. He was insufferable – and an idiot (in my opinion).

As are the “some people” you suggest – again, in my opinion. And even if they ARE sinners they don’t deserve Auschwitz (again, in my opinion).

Which answers mmm about the sorts of things I think this deity should stop from happening. Just the occasional small interruption. Like having Hitler’s mother drop him on his head when he was a baby and the poor little mite dies.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Beatlebug

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: sir walter raleigh
Guest(s) 120
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5705, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22461, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5705