Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread
9 March 2016
11.47am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2921sp_Permalink sp_Print

@Necko  said

Annadog40 said
What would you do if you were god for a day?

First, I’d eradicate war, famine, and senseless disease. 

Then I’d give myself eternal life and unlimited money. 

Why would you want to eradicate famine and senseless disease? Do you know how overpopulated this earth would be if there was no such thing as senseless disease? Everybody has to die sometime. And what would make a disease senseless in your opinion? Is coronary heart disease “senseless” if the person who has it gets it from being overweight? Is it “senseless” for a long time cigarette smoker to have lung cancer?

Also, being alive for eternity would be horrible. First off, you would have to watch everybody around you die, and second off, what happens when the earth crumbles or gets sucked into a black hole? Would you just meander around the universe for the rest of eternity all alone? Unlimited money might sound great, but that would actually make the economy even worse. They can’t just make money – that reduces the value of the dollar. How about an unlimited supply of gold which you can sell in exchange for legal money that wouldn’t destroy the economy?

The following people thank Little Piggy Dragonguy for this post:

Beatlebug

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

9 March 2016
11.52am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
2922sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

@Necko  said

Annadog40 said

First, I’d eradicate war, famine, and senseless disease. 

Then I’d give myself eternal life and unlimited money. 

Why would you want to eradicate famine and senseless disease? Do you know how overpopulated this earth would be if there was no such thing as senseless disease? Everybody has to die sometime. And what would make a disease senseless in your opinion? Is coronary heart disease “senseless” if the person who has it gets it from being overweight? Is it “senseless” for a long time cigarette smoker to have lung cancer?

Also, being alive for eternity would be horrible. First off, you would have to watch everybody around you die, and second off, what happens when the earth crumbles or gets sucked into a black hole? Would you just meander around the universe for the rest of eternity all alone? Unlimited money might sound great, but that would actually make the economy even worse. They can’t just make money – that reduces the value of the dollar. How about an unlimited supply of gold which you can sell in exchange for legal money that wouldn’t destroy the economy?

You just have a mandatory death age, say like 80, once you get to 80 you have the option to die, like Soylent Green.

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

9 March 2016
11.57am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2923sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was just thinking about it, @Necko, and we all already have eternal life! When you die in this world, you go and live in heaven or purgatory. This isn’t all that living is. Life goes on. This is just the palpable life that we live before life in eternity.

9 March 2016
12.16pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

unknown said
I was just thinking about it, Necko, and we all already have eternal life! When you die in this world, you go and live in heaven or purgatory. This isn’t all that living is. Life goes on. This is just the palpable life that we live before life in eternity.

This would be something I would change if I was god.

1. I wouldn’t mess with free will so wars and senseless deaths will remain. I like the idea of free will and believe that people have the right to choice.

2. I would reveal myself to the world and in terms of death, I would make it so that all religions would be correct so that people who work to obtain their various religious desires will be successful and people who don’t subscribe to religion won’t be tied down to them. So only people who believe that they have eternal life would have it.

3. I would change the definition of a day to mean forever so I would remain god

4. change my username to 04godannA 😛

I might create polls for various choices of things like teraforming a planet or the moon, removing female’s periods, making all food have the nutritional value that you need at the time, and allow people to decided what they want.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Beatlebug, pepperland

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

9 March 2016
12.19pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18214
2925sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 would make a good god. 

If I were god for a day I’d make Anna god for a year. 😛

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

Starr Shine?

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

9 March 2016
12.23pm
Evangeline
Candlestick Park
Members
2926sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

unknown said
I was just thinking about it, Necko, and we all already have eternal life! When you die in this world, you go and live in heaven or purgatory. This isn’t all that living is. Life goes on. This is just the palpable life that we live before life in eternity.

1. I wouldn’t mess with free will so wars and senseless deaths will remain. I like the idea of free will and believe that people have the right to choice.

2. I would reveal myself to the world and in terms of death, I would make it so that all religions would be correct so that people who work to obtain their various religious desires will be successful and people who don’t subscribe to religion won’t be tied down to them. So only people who believe that they have eternal life would have it.

I might create polls for various choices of things like teraforming a planet or the moon, removing female’s periods, making all food have the nutritional value that you need at the time, and allow people to decided what they want.

I’ll definitely give up my “god for a day” if you would do all those. But, don’t change your username, Miss Anna, that’s my only request.

9 March 2016
12.28pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2927sp_Permalink sp_Print

Evangeline said

I’ll definitely give up my “god for a day” if you would do all those. But, don’t change your username, Miss Anna, that’s my only request.

You got yourself a deal. Though since you guys gave up your god for a day, I’ll give you both a little pocket dimention that you both would have complete control over so you’ll still get to flex some godly muscles.

Evangeline, Beatlebug

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

9 March 2016
1.30pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2928sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said 

Put up a “Do Not Disturb God ” sign and sleep all day.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Beatlebug, Necko

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

9 March 2016
5.54pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2929sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Annadog40 said 

You won’t even spend time with Zag or Zog the whole day?

9 March 2016
8.33pm
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2930sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

unknown said

So the senseless deaths of innocent women and children who are hit by bombs because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time are okay?

Hm – another ‘god’ I won’t be voting for.

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

9 March 2016
8.38pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2931sp_Permalink sp_Print

trcanberra said

Annadog40 said

unknown said

So the senseless deaths of innocent women and children who are hit by bombs because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time are okay?
Hm – another ‘god’ I won’t be voting for.

That is the price of free will, the freedom to kill. I don’t feel the need to impose my will upon people, People should figure things out for themselves and not rely on me to fix their problems.

Plus innocent men are bombed also, I won’t be prejudges towards one gender or age so I treat everyone the same.

Little Piggy Dragonguy, pepperland, meanmistermustard, Beatlebug

10 March 2016
10.56am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22461
2932sp_Permalink sp_Print

What if we never knew what it was like to be able to make our own choices. We wouldn’t miss the ability to do it because the thought would never have occured to us.

10 March 2016
10.58am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2933sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah but if we weren’t able to make our own choices then what would the point of life be? And what would the quality of life be?

10 March 2016
11.04am
Evangeline
Candlestick Park
Members

unknown said
Yeah but if we weren’t able to make our own choices then what would the point of life be? And what would the quality of life be?

You’re coming from the mindset that we’re allowed to make our own choices. If you were born in a time where we didn’t make life choices, that thought would probably never occur.

Edit: I subconsciously reworded Ahhh Girl’s post. Sorry.

10 March 2016
11.09am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2935sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said
What if we never knew what it was like to be able to make our own choices. We wouldn’t miss the ability to do it because the thought would never have occured to us.

That is like 1984. And I think your correct. People aren’t sad that they can’t see in QX light since that was never a possibility.

10 March 2016
11.28am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2936sp_Permalink sp_Print

Evangeline said

unknown said

You’re coming from the mindset that we’re allowed to make our own choices. If you were born in a time where we didn’t make life choices, that thought would probably never occur.

That’s not true. People try to escape from countries that have cast systems all the time. They do that because they want to be able to make their own decisions. 

10 March 2016
11.29am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2937sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Ahhh Girl said

That is like 1984. And I think your correct. People aren’t sad that they can’t see in QX light since that was never a possibility.

I am sad that I can’t see the whole color spectrum and that was never a possibility

10 March 2016
11.32am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2938sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

Evangeline said

unknown said

That’s not true. People try to escape from countries that have cast systems all the time. They do that because they want to be able to make their own decisions. 

That is because they know that there are other options than the one they got.

10 March 2016
12.23pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9827
2939sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Zig said

Annadog40 said 

You’re assuming they won’t be in bed with me. They never disturb me – they comfort me.

Ahhh Girl said
What if we never knew what it was like to be able to make our own choices.

I choose not to think about it.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

10 March 2016
12.41pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2940sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Annadog40 said

Zig said

Annadog40 said 

You’re assuming they won’t be in bed with me. They never disturb me – they comfort me.

Ahhh Girl said
What if we never knew what it was like to be able to make our own choices.

I choose not to think about it.

Doubleplusgood Goodthink

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: sir walter raleigh
Guest(s) 127
Currently Browsing this Page:
2 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5705, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22461, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5705