Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The All-Purpose Getting-To-Know-BBers Questions Thread
7 March 2016
5.30pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2881sp_Permalink sp_Print

P3pperish said

unknown said

Annadog40 said

unknown said
Because , Peppy, I know things.a-hard-days-night-paul-4

Peppy? Is P3pperish pepperland now?

I thought that was already established 

You planning to get me banned? a-hard-days-night-john-7

Are multiple IDs enough to get you banned here? 

Well Vonbontee has yet to be banned

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

7 March 2016
5.34pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2882sp_Permalink sp_Print

Nope, but I don’t think they are encouraged.

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Ahhh Girl

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

8 March 2016
12.02am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
2883sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

Why wouldn’t they be? How would someone figure out if a person had another account anyway? Also @Starr Shine?, you seem to know a lot about the forum and other stuff why aren’t you a mod? 

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

8 March 2016
12.15am
trcanberra
Oz
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6064
2884sp_Permalink sp_Print

KaleidoscopeMusic said
It’s great that there doesn’t seem to be any drama on the forum. That or I’m out of the loop, but the mods certainly do handle things well.

Oh, we have some ‘interesting’ moments – but thankfully nothing like most places on the net.

The following people thank trcanberra for this post:

Beatlebug

==> trcanberra and hongkonglady - Together even when not (married for those not in the know!) <==

8 March 2016
1.07am
O Boogie
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1352
2885sp_Permalink sp_Print

Evangeline said

Annadog40 said

Why wouldn’t they be? How would someone figure out if a person had another account anyway? Also @Starr Shine?, you seem to know a lot about the forum and other stuff why aren’t you a mod? 

The IP address will give them away. If they use proxy, then they might get away with it. 

For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the Sun

8 March 2016
1.33am
pepperland
vanished in the haze (England)
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 749
2886sp_Permalink sp_Print

I came first.

The following people thank pepperland for this post:

O Boogie, Beatlebug

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

8 March 2016
1.44am
O Boogie
Candlestick Park
Members
2887sp_Permalink sp_Print

pepperland said
I came first.

image-6.gifImage Enlarger

I was always there a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank O Boogie for this post:

pepperland, Beatlebug, Starr Shine?

8 March 2016
2.06am
pepperland
vanished in the haze (England)
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 749
2888sp_Permalink sp_Print

beatlemaniacs_02_gif I’m scared paul-mccartney

The following people thank pepperland for this post:

O Boogie, Starr Shine?

Times I find it hard to say / With useless words getting in my waySuprised about this one.Sad about this one

8 March 2016
3.19am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090

P3pperish said

Evangeline said

Annadog40 said

The IP address will give them away. If they use proxy, then they might get away with it. 

Yip. The ip addresses can be seen, if any of the mods ever sense something off then we can check to see and then deal with it.

We’d far rather folk have one account when posting as it helps folk know who they are talking to and build and maintain a level of trust in the conversations. In real life you don’t walk out out the room, dress up in different clothes, call yourself another name, and then walk back in pretending to be someone else with no one knowing so why do it here? Its different if someone joins, forgets their log-in details and so starts another account to having two/three/four different accounts each with different user names and avatars trying to make it look like they are all different people. vonbontee’s other account is Von Bontee, not exactly a master disguise. 

There are moments of different levels of forum drama. Some of the regulars have planned stuff for April 1st for the last couple of years, AD40, ASJ and others contribute on movies, and other things crop up every Now And Then . Spammers are quickly booted out as they are not welcome and given short thrift – there’s a sense of guilty pleasure in kicking them out. Folk who come to simply raise hell (and they have) are given the chance to quit it and leave on their own account or contribute in a pleasant manner, actions are taken behind the scenes; thankfully most members know not to bite and eventually the hellraisers leave to go annoy others elsewhere. Forum arguments do spark at times but usually are settled quickly and amicably. We mods tend to have the mindset of treating folk like adults and only step in if its felt necessary – tho we do discuss much thru email.

People come here to talk and learn Beatles, and other stuff, and enjoy themselves, and a friendly community spirit has grown over the years; its important that that is maintained and most regulars posters thankfully assist in that. One of the comments you see occassionally is that here isn’t like most forums as there isnt endless spam, tons of swearing and/or folk bitching all the time.

Joe has built a fantastic site and reference source and his work deserves a forum that reflects that. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

trcanberra, Beatlebug, Ahhh Girl, pepperland, Zig, Bongo

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 March 2016
6.01am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2890sp_Permalink sp_Print

There are moments of different levels of forum drama. Some of the regulars have planned stuff for April 1st for the last couple of years, AD40, ASJ and others contribute on movies, and other things crop up every Now And Then .

So April Fools and the BBstories are a level of forum drama? (I can see the April Fools at some level)

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

8 March 2016
6.29am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2891sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

There are moments of different levels of forum drama. Some of the regulars have planned stuff for April 1st for the last couple of years, AD40, ASJ and others contribute on movies, and other things crop up every Now And Then .

So April Fools and the BBstories are a level of forum drama? (I can see the April Fools at some level)

You dont think so?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

8 March 2016
6.48am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members

meanmistermustard said

Annadog40 said

You dont think so?

Maybe with April fools but not with BBstories other than that one thread by thisbirdhasflown.

8 March 2016
7.10am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2893sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was thinking more of the responses from others but fair enough, i’m willing to concede to the author and creator of the videos.

8 March 2016
7.13am
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
2894sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
I was thinking more of the responses from others

That’s what I was thinking also. Even if there is some drama that I missed, it probably isn’t too bad.

8 March 2016
7.16am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2895sp_Permalink sp_Print

I meant in a good way.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

Beatlebug, Starr Shine?

8 March 2016
7.29am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18214
2896sp_Permalink sp_Print

@O Boogie whispered

I was always there a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-1

So you’re not the kind of Beautiful Girl who is lost or is found, you have always been there? a-hard-days-night-paul-5

The following people thank Beatlebug for this post:

O Boogie

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

8 March 2016
9.13am
O Boogie
Candlestick Park
Members
2897sp_Permalink sp_Print

No, I’m that Girl who came to staya-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank O Boogie for this post:

Beatlebug

8 March 2016
11.07am
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5705
2898sp_Permalink sp_Print

Just to clear up any misunderstandings. Yes, I’m the only one who can delete an account. I can also assign it into a different groups, which is how the mods get extra powers. One of the groups is Guests, which is read-only but which allows people to thanks others, read PMs etc.

Normally when I delete an account the person’s posting history disappears with it. However, there are other options, such as assigning the posts to another user, or marking them as guest posts. I don’t use those options nowadays. In the earlier days, though, if someone had a long posting history and it would have been confusing if all their messages disappeared, I might just quarantine them in the guest group. That preserves their posts but doesn’t allow any more. I wish I’d done it with Paulsbass before he went rogue and deleted all his messages, because those threads make almost no sense nowadays.

Mods can delete individual posts but not accounts. We used to have warnings and suspensions but they proved a little unreliable so I removed them. That said, if someone misbehaves I could temporarily move them into the Guest group.

For the record, I don’t mind too much if people have multiple accounts, as long as it’s done with good intentions (ie you’re having a bit of fun rather than indulging in sock-puppetry or spamming). You can only have one account per email address.

Wow, this thread has gone off-topic, hasn’t it?

The following people thank Joe for this post:

Beatlebug, Little Piggy Dragonguy, Starr Shine?, natureaker, BeatleSnut, Evangeline

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

8 March 2016
11.14am
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18214
2899sp_Permalink sp_Print

Joe said
 I wish I’d done it with Paulsbass before he went rogue and deleted all his messages, because those threads make almost no sense nowadays.

For the record, he missed a few. I found one or two buried deep in the dark back alleys of Forumpool. a-hard-days-night-george-3

Wow, this thread has gone off-topic, hasn’t it?

Perhaps a bit..  a-hard-days-night-paul-7

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

8 March 2016
11.30am
Evangeline
1334 North Beechwood Drive
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1808
2900sp_Permalink sp_Print

P3pperish said

Evangeline said

Annadog40 said

Yes but, different devices are assigned different IP addresses, so you could still have multiple accounts for different devices, possibly without detection.

I am you as you are you as you are you and you are all together. 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: sir walter raleigh
Guest(s) 128
Currently Browsing this Page:
3 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2877
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5705, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22461, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5705