Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
I read the news today (oh boy) - Current world events
27 December 2021
6.52pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25114
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3661sp_Permalink sp_Print

They should just cancel the next two Ashes test matches. It’s not a contest as England are not even a half-decent opponent.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

27 December 2021
7.50pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
Forum Posts: 8410
3662sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
They should just cancel the next two Ashes test matches. It’s not a contest as England are not even a half-decent opponent.

Still good to see our local bloke, playing his first game, destroying England’s experienced middle order.

You guys should take up lawn bowls, or curling, or something that isn’t cricket… 

#AppleHoley2024: Make America Great For The First Time
2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

28 December 2021
3.11am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3663sp_Permalink sp_Print

The Hole Got Fixed said

meanmistermustard said

Still good to see our local bloke, playing his first game, destroying England’s experienced middle order.

You guys should take up lawn bowls, or curling, or something that isn’t cricket… 

“You guys”!

This has got nothing to do with me or Scotland, we just reached our first T20 World Cup last year. Instead, we sit back and look on as England get thrashed in yet another sport. It’s a great joy. 

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

29 December 2021
6.30pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Ghislaine Maxwell has been found guilty on five of the six changes she faced:

conspiracy to entice minors to travel to engage in illegal sex acts;
conspiracy to transport minors with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity;
transportation of a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity;
conspiracy to commit sex trafficking;
sex trafficking of minors.

Though the conviction will undoubtedly be appealed, at this moment she faces the rest of her life in jail. Rightfully so, in my opinion.

A huge victory for all the victims of Jeffrey Epstein and Maxwell, and for all of us who have suffered from sexual abuse, to see that even the rich, connected and powerful can be brought to justice and have to answer for their crimes. Must have others quaking in their boots.

Though still trying to avoid Virginia (Roberts) Giuffre’s civil suit in the US, now claiming they lack jurisdiction, not a good day for Prince Andrew.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Richard, The Hole Got Fixed, Von Bontee, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

16 January 2022
7.10am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

England failed to learn the lessons needing learnt from the embarrassment of the first Ashes tests by being even more embarrassing and incompetent in the fifth test. All wickets gone for 56 runs after a strong start in their second innings. 

And Novak gets kicked out of Australia after the Australian government realise it doesn’t sit well with their put-upon citizens by letting in someone unvaccinated who’s rich and famous after two years of tough restrictions.

17 January 2022
5.54pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
3666sp_Permalink sp_Print

Plus there were Australians who had to wait months to get into the country while this vaccinated rich dude could just breeze in.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

18 January 2022
5.27am
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3667sp_Permalink sp_Print

Starr Shine? said
Plus there were Australians who had to wait months to get into the country while this vaccinated rich dude could just breeze in.

*unvaccinated

meanmistermustard said
England failed to learn the lessons needing learnt from the embarrassment of the first Ashes tests by being even more embarrassing and incompetent in the fifth test. All wickets gone for 56 runs after a strong start in their second innings. 

And Novak gets kicked out of Australia after the Australian government realise it doesn’t sit well with their put-upon citizens by letting in someone unvaccinated who’s rich and famous after two years of tough restrictions.

England were a total laughing stock. Narrowly avoided a whitewash but by the barest of margins, though they certainly deserved to lose in a whitewash. My 4th grade cricket team would have put up a better fight and demonstrated better application whilst batting.

Good riddance Novak. Something like 72% of Australians surveyed wanted him gone, not surprising given how he was coming to Melbourne – a city which went through far more than he realised, I think. Hopefully, because his visa was cancelled, he has to remain locked out for 3 years like anyone normal and not uber-rich would.

2016 awards: Username-Badge.png 2017 awards: The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2017.png 2018 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2018.png 2019 awards: Ringo-2019.png 2020 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2020.png 2021 awards:The-Hole-Got-Fixed-2021.png
aus-flag-v-small.png

18 January 2022
1.04pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3668sp_Permalink sp_Print

If covid numbers have been low and restrictions have been less enforced Novak will be back next year. The only reason he’s been kicked out is the reaction from the people and the government being unhappy at the thought of repercussions.  The Australian tennis people will want him in and the government like the attention and money he brings.

The Hole Got Fixed

19 January 2022
7.23pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2192
3669sp_Permalink sp_Print

Unless he gets vaccinated I think his career is over. The French Open and US Open require vaccination. He may get in to Wimbledon, but that’s also uncertain. 

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

5 February 2022
12.46pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3670sp_Permalink sp_Print

Scotland once again show England how to win a rugby match. We retain the Calcutta Cup for the first time since 1984.

Thumbs Up Neil Patrick Harris GIF - Thumbs Up Neil Patrick Harris HIMYM -  Discover & Share GIFsImage Enlarger

5 February 2022
2.01pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3671sp_Permalink sp_Print

Rubbish, @meanmistermustard, you last retained it in 2019, after winning it 2018 for the first time since 2008.

I also think 20-17 is a much closer score than you suggest. Had the Scottish trounced us, I’d consider that us being taught how to win a rugby game, but that scoreline was to close to think we were being taught any sort of lesson.

Were the score the other way around, I’d have just thought it a close game that went our way on the day; as is, I think it was a close game that went your way.

But then, I suppose Scottish victories are so rare that you have to crow about them when they happen. ahdn_john_08_gifa-hard-days-night-george-10

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

5 February 2022
2.19pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Ron Nasty said
Rubbish, @meanmistermustard, you last retained it in 2019, after winning it 2018 for the first time since 2008.

I also think 20-17 is a much closer score than you suggest. Had the Scottish trounced us, I’d consider that us being taught how to win a rugby game, but that scoreline was to close to think we were being taught any sort of lesson.

Were the score the other way around, I’d have just thought it a close game that went our way on the day; as is, I think it was a close game that went your way.

But then, I suppose Scottish victories are so rare that you have to crow about them when they happen. ahdn_john_08_gifa-hard-days-night-george-10

Sorry. I’m talking about back-to-back wins not a draw as was in 2019. As for rare victories, we’ve won three of the last five, drawing once (when we were battered for the entirety of the first half yet you needed a last minute try and conversation to escape defeat). 

But I’ll let your comments pass as the pain and hurt from being getting beat can’t be nice to deal with on a Saturday evening, especially after the trouncing in the Ashes.

Oooh GIF - Happy Getit Yes - Discover & Share GIFsImage Enlarger

18 February 2022
10.07am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Great Britain guaranteed two medals at the Winter Olympics, both coming from curling (mens and womens teams).

George, John and Paul during the filming of Help! (1965) in the Austrian Alps.Image Enlarger

Von Bontee, Rube

7 March 2022
12.45pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

Sad what’s happening in Ukraine. I’m not surprised Russia would something like this to a country.  People at least around here was nah USSR is over, Russia won’t doing anything. In some cases a snake is still snake even if sheds its skin. That’s not toward the Russian people,  but the government.  

What is yalls take on this situation? 

7 March 2022
3.50pm
The Hole Got Fixed
A Dock at Southampton

Moderators
3675sp_Permalink sp_Print

Putin is power hungry. He said openly he wants to restore the Russian Empire from 100 years ago, although he shouldn’t be able to do that. 

No one wins from this situation, except maybe Putin? a-hard-days-night-paul-10

aus-flag-v-small.png

8 March 2022
9.34am
sigh butterfly
Sea of Green (near the Golden Gate)
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4798
3676sp_Permalink sp_Print

When I woke up this morning, I thought that I had been dreaming of this scene from HELP! Pretty quickly I realized that it was actually a nightmare come true.

https://vimeo.com/472431048

download-2.png

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead

8 March 2022
5.41pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

The Hole Got Fixed said
Putin is power hungry. He said openly he wants to restore the Russian Empire from 100 years ago, although he shouldn’t be able to do that. 

No one wins from this situation, except maybe Putin? a-hard-days-night-paul-10

I don’t think Putin will win either. More likely almost everyone will lose, many millions in the most horrendous ways imaginable, except for some businesses and business people who will make eye-watering, actually sickening amounts of money. 

16 March 2022
5.21am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Reuters are reporting that, after receiving her passport back, Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, convicted in Iran six years ago of plotting against the regime, and last year of spreading propaganda against the regime, along with another British/Iranian dual citizen whose name I can’t spell so can’t pull up the details of his charges, which I believe were spying, are headed to the airport to leave the country.

Amazing news if she is finally able to leave a country that has unjustly held her prisoner for so long, and a great day for not only her but also her husband, Richard Ratcliffe, who has campaigned so long and hard for her release (including undertaking two hunger strikes), and their daughter, Gabriella.

Edit: Tulip Siddiq, the Ratcliffe’s MP, has tweeted:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

The other dual national reported to have been released is 68-year-old Anoosheh Ashoori, who has been held for 4 years.

The Hole Got Fixed

12 April 2022
8.43am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3679sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ooo, the Metropolitan Police (London’s police force) have announced their latest round of fines for the breaking of lockdown rules in and around Downing Street, and both PM Boris Johnson (as well as his wife) and Chancellor (Finance Minister) Rishi Sunak have been fined for attending illegal gatherings.

They made the laws and they broke them. Boris Johnson repeatedly told the House of Commons that no rules were broken. The Metropolitan Police disagree. A minister who misleads Parliament, according to Parliamentary protocols, should resign.

You can’t see either following the protocols, after all it is Boris Johnson who rules on whether MPs Parliamentary rules, but it does create something of a Constitutional crisis when you have two highest elected officers in the UK Government being found to have broken laws that they put in place.

Rube, QuarryMan, Richard

25 May 2022
7.16am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Three shocking mass shootings in the US in days, a supermarket, a church, and the latest, an elementary school, which has seen 19 children aged 10 and under killed, along with two teachers, and there are those who believe their interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is more important than all these lost lives.

I am glad to live in a country where politicians changed laws on gun ownership in response to mass shootings here, rather than a country who watch mass murder after mass murder and do NOTHING because they’re being paid by the gun lobby.

And, yes, it’s right for a Beatles fan to have an opinion on US gun laws as they allowed a man with a history of mental illness to buy a gun and use it to murder John, and the same can still happen over forty years later, while the vast majority of Americans would welcome tighter gun laws.

I admire this response, with all its frustration, from Steve Kerr, coach of the Golden State Warriors basketball team:

Richard, The Hole Got Fixed, WeepingAtlasCedars

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: sir walter raleigh, jeffhrsn
Guest(s) 181
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2887
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
jeffhrsn, think for myself, Ubexter, jacksonenowlin@gmail.com, extra.texture
Moderators: Joe: 5707, meanmistermustard: 25114, Ahhh Girl: 22509, Beatlebug: 18215, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5707