Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
I read the news today (oh boy) - Current world events
6 January 2021
4.08pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
3541sp_Permalink sp_Print

But isn’t it also a case of stoking up a crowd to act as they did? As Joe Biden has said more than once, “The words of a President matter.”

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Dark Overlord

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

6 January 2021
4.27pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4470
3542sp_Permalink sp_Print

Good point. However, we can’t forget that it was his supporters who decided to storm the capitol building and we need to make sure that those supporters also take the blame.

If you're reading this, you are looking for something to do.

6 January 2021
5.44pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25114
3543sp_Permalink sp_Print

If a leader outside a building is shouting “no surrender “and all the followers then storm it, of course the leader gets a lot of the blame for it. Just because he doesn’t open the door doesn’t mean he’s excused.

This was going to happen as Trump has been stoking up tensions and calls to arms since the election was called. It’s not about Republican, American, democracy or anything else. It’s about Trump and his ego not willing to come concede. He’s now turned on Pence!!

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

QuarryMan

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 January 2021
6.18pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3544sp_Permalink sp_Print

Twitter have blocked Trump tweeting for 12 hours!! This is insane. 

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

6 January 2021
6.34pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059

All I gotta says I dont want to hear anybody from the right say they don’t riot or cry. I don’t want to hear that people of color are treated fairly particularly when it comes to the government and riots. This is ridiculous!

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Von Bontee, Vera Chuck and Dave
6 January 2021
8.32pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3546sp_Permalink sp_Print

American network CBS is reporting that members of Trump’s cabinet are discussing invoking the 25th Amendment to remove him from office following the events of today in Washington. This could be the most ignoble end to a presidency in American history.

The Hole Got Fixed, Vera Chuck and Dave

The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

6 January 2021
8.54pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3547sp_Permalink sp_Print

My concern is that removing Trump prematurely might incite MORE violence among Trump supporters, so it’s probably best to let him have his final 2 weeks, then have the highest possible amount of security at inauguration to prevent another raid. After that, we’ll have to vote in the 2024 Republican primaries to make sure Trump loses the nomination.

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

Vera Chuck and Dave

6 January 2021
9.27pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3548sp_Permalink sp_Print

He could also still be impeached after his Presidency has ended, @Dark Overlord, which would bar Trump from standing for public office again. We do seem to be seeing the Republican party largely turning on him over his encouragement of today’s events.

Vera Chuck and Dave

7 January 2021
1.46am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators

Four deaths due to the supporters of Trump storming the building.

There will need to be a massive security operation at the inauguration as this isn’t over. The only person who might be able to stop further protests is Trump but I cannot see it happening. Either he is stirring all this up deliberately out of selfish interests and not caring who gets caught up in it or he is so far gone in believing the lies of fraud etc there is almost no hope. 

7 January 2021
4.43am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3550sp_Permalink sp_Print

After one of the most shocking days in the history of American democracy, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have been confirmed as President and Vice-President Elect.

The Hole Got Fixed, QuarryMan

7 January 2021
12.38pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3551sp_Permalink sp_Print

@meanmistermustard said
Twitter have blocked Trump tweeting for 12 hours!! This is insane.

Facebook and Instagram have blocked his accounts “indefinitely”, saying they will not unblock until after 20 January at the earliest.

Vera Chuck and Dave

7 January 2021
6.39pm
Vera Chuck and Dave
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 598
3552sp_Permalink sp_Print

one of my favourite musicians was at the rally paul-mccartney-facepalm_gif

8 January 2021
5.53pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

BREAKING NEWS: Twitter has permanently suspended Donald Trump’s account in the last half-hour for fear he may incite violence.

DT.jpgImage Enlarger

WOW! The leader of the free world permanently banned from Twitter. Just WOW!

Vera Chuck and Dave, The Hole Got Fixed

8 January 2021
8.10pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3554sp_Permalink sp_Print

While i’m fine with Twitter banning Trump (after all, they’re a private company and Trump’s rhetoric has been proven to incite violence), i object to WHY they banned him.

According to the article, the post that convinced Twitter to ban Trump permanently is him simply stating that he won’t attend the inauguration. Not just does Biden agree with this statement but this is just Trump confirming a rumor, there’s nothing in the post that suggests that Trump will continue to be president after the 20th.

8 January 2021
8.21pm
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
3555sp_Permalink sp_Print

But when they lifted their 12-hour suspension, @Dark Overlord, they did warn him that one more infringement would get him a permanent ban, and more than one of his posts today did that, including his video message that directly contradicted his more conciliatory “written-for-him” speech of a few hours earlier.

8 January 2021
8.30pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3556sp_Permalink sp_Print

Fair enough. However, it seems weird that they picked a tweet Biden agrees with instead of the other tweet where he says “The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”, which is far more likely to incite violence.

9 January 2021
2.26am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3557sp_Permalink sp_Print

Twitter’s explanation for why Trump was banned.

My phone will not let me put it in the quote view, will change when I can. My phone will also not let me add the link to text so it is https://blog.twitter.com/en_us…..nsion.html

————————————————————-

After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence. 

In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open. 

However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement. 

The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case.

Overview

On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump tweeted:

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Shortly thereafter, the President tweeted:

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Due to the ongoing tensions in the United States, and an uptick in the global conversation in regards to the people who violently stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President’s statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks. After assessing the language in these Tweets against our Glorification of Violence policy, we have determined that these Tweets are in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy and the user @realDonaldTrump should be immediately permanently suspended from the service.

Assessment

We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:

• President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on January 20th.
  • The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending. 
  • The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
  • The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election. 
  • Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021. 

The Hole Got Fixed, Von Bontee

9 January 2021
2.28am
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
3558sp_Permalink sp_Print

Trump is an expert on saying something that looks good but is tied to other comments that when taken all together take on an entirely different meaning. He’s been doing this for decades. 

The Hole Got Fixed

9 January 2021
1.12pm
Dark Overlord
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
3559sp_Permalink sp_Print

DLive, a far-right Twitch alternative, has banned several notable users (most notably Nick Fuentes and Tim “Baked Alaska” Gionet) due to inciting violence, with the former advocating that we kill those who vote to confirm Biden’s victory and the latter streaming himself inside the Capitol (while having COVID and ignoring all safety guidelines BTW) and calling for a civil war.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug…..live-bans/

The following people thank Dark Overlord for this post:

QuarryMan

10 January 2021
1.16pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5542
3560sp_Permalink sp_Print

So a site for Nazis banned a coupla of their famous Nazis, so what? F**k the lot of them.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: LucyInTheSkyWithHackneyDiamonds
Guest(s) 58
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2887
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
jeffhrsn, think for myself, Ubexter, jacksonenowlin@gmail.com, extra.texture
Moderators: Joe: 5707, meanmistermustard: 25114, Ahhh Girl: 22510, Beatlebug: 18215, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5707