Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Beatles 1964 US Albums in Mono - Superdeluxe
12 September 2024
5.18pm
Old Soak
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 249
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

https://superdeluxeedition.com…..vinyl-box/

In November, Apple Corps / Capitol / UMe will issue 1964 US Albums in Mono, an 8LP vinyl box set of Beatles’ albums compiled for U.S. release between January 1964 and March 1965 by Capitol Records and United Artists.

The seven albums (The Beatles’ Story is a double) are as follows:

• Meet The Beatles!
  • The Beatles’ Second Album
  • A Hard Day’s Night (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  • Something New
  • The Beatles’ Story (2LP)
  • Beatles ’65
  • The Early Beatles

As is reasonably well known these days, Capitol rushed out many of these records which featured different track listings to any of the UK counterparts, often including what were non-album singles in the UK. This gave American audiences a similar, yet completely different, introduction to the to the Fab Four in th early part of their career. This continued until 1967 when Sgt. Pepper ’s Lonely Hearts Club Band was the first album to feature an identical running order on both sides of the Atlantic.

12 September 2024
8.15pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 25090

8 LPs for £268!!! Not a chance.

I take it these are the proper US mixes with all their oddities and not what Apple did with the 2014(?) box where they substituted most with the 2009 UK remasters.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 September 2024
10.41pm
Old Soak
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 249

meanmistermustard said
8 LPs for £268!!! Not a chance.

I take it these are the proper US mixes with all their oddities and not what Apple did with the 2014(?) box where they substituted most with the 2009 UK remasters.

All the albums in the new box set have been analog cut for 180-gram audiophile vinyl from their original mono master tapes. New vinyl lacquers were cut by Kevin Reeves at Nashville’s East Iris Studios. If you need more details, here you go: “These albums were cut for vinyl from the original master tapes using a completely analog signal path and with constant reference to first generation pressings of the original albums. They were made using a Studer A80 master recorder with analog preview & program paths, and an Neumann VMS70 cutting lathe originally installed in Capitol Studios in 1971. This specific all-analog cutting technique allows faithful representation of the full musical range and dynamics present on the original tapes”.

The albums also feature faithfully replicated artwork and new four-panel inserts with essays written by American Beatles historian and author Bruce Spizer. All the records in the box will be available separately, except for The Beatles’ Story

1964 US Albums in Mono will be issued on 22 November 2024 via Capitol / UMe.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 2057
Currently Online: Oakwood
Guest(s) 239
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9827
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8047
AppleScruffJunior: 7585
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6394
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2876
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5542
Newest Members:
flyerk, anime7987, AbridgedPause, Ichigo, Sparky 59
Moderators: Joe: 5706, meanmistermustard: 25090, Ahhh Girl: 22462, Beatlebug: 18214, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5706